What was the last film you watched | Page 402 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Anomilisa - it's really weird. If you have ever wanted to watch a puppet lick another puppet out, this is the film for you. Have you ever wanted to watch a puppet's face fall off as he runs away from a mob of people who want to fuck him? No, me neither but I've seen it now.

2/10

The Grand Budapest Hotel - It's definately one of my top ten. I've seen it a few times now. It's such a quirky, visually rich film. The kids watched the whole thing which surprised me but the mrs wandered off about half way through. It's Wes Anderson's best film.

9/10

Ready Player One.

One of my favourite films of the year. Really really enjoyed it. Typical Spielberg I suppose.

I dunno why but when it was released I had absolutely no interest in it at all. Think the trailers made it look crap, but I was bored and nothing else to watch so thought I'd give it a go, and thoroughly loved it.

9/10

very clever film, good shout Mr DeanoVilla.

Skyscraper. Dwayne Johnson. It does what it says on the tin really, I was flicking through a magazine within 30 mins. Sort of OK but nothing new here!

The 1st Purge.

Prequel to The Purge films. They are daft, but I enjoy them. This was decent.

Walk Like A Panther.

Been interested in this for a while. The idea was touted about 8 years ago and it was supposed to be a series starring Kasabian's Tom Meighan.... however they then decided to do a film instead and Tom got the boot.

It's a typical British film, in the style of The Full Monty, and is based on the old English Wrestling of the 80's.

Semi-decent cast. Love Stephen Graham, fantastic actor.... but... the film as a whole was a huge disappointment. 3/10

Currently watching Battle of the River Plate on BBC1. Oldie, but classic of it's style. Historic factual film about the sinking of the Graf Spee outside Montevideo harbour.

Going back to the times when we were proud to be British...... sadly, how times have changed.

War Dogs - it stars Jonnah Hill as a slick Rick who manages to scam his way to a $300m contract to supply ammo to the US Army. It's a mad story and a good film.

The Ballad of Buster Seruggs - it's a bit of a strange one. It's 6 or 7 different stories from the Wild West. Some of them are funny and others sad or morbid. It's not bad, just incoherent. It's a collection of short stories rather than a novel.

6/10