What was the last film you watched | Page 395 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Not my sort of thing really, but I was tired and couldn't be bothered to turn it off! lol Wasn't bad.

The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

"A humble businessman with a buried past seeks justice when his daughter is killed in an act of terrorism. A cat-and-mouse conflict ensues with a government official, whose past may hold clues to the killers' identities."

Got better as it wore on, unlike Brosnan's preposterous Northern Irish accent as he played a very thinly-disguised Gerry Adams. He was even made to look like him.

Not too bad though - 7/10 for me and a decent way to spend a Sunday with no sport on to speak of.

The book is a great read as well as are all of Stephen Leathers especially the Dan Spider Sheppard series - book thread anyone?

Finally got round to Creed - parallels with first Rocky I thought and a bit of a re-write, but pleasantly surprised as I didn't think I'd like it.

The Ashram starring Sam Keeley, Manoel Orfanaki & Hera Hilmar.

After receiving a cryptic message, American skeptic Jamie travels to the Indian Himalayas to pick up on the trail of his missing girlfriend. There, he discovers a secretive community led by a guru with strange powers who may or may not be involved in her disappearance.

Enjoyable fantasy thriller. 7/10

Don't go to the cinema as often as I used to but have been twice recently to indulge my passion for Sci Fi, Star Wars and Marvel to be precise.

Having sat through some less than riveting efforts within both sagas, I was pleased to find that I enjoyed both Solo: A Star Wars story and The Avengers: The Infinity Wars immensely. Fast paced, both well scripted, well acted and develop the stories of well known characters with pathos and humour. Both recommended if you have an interest in the genre.

Started to watch the new Blade Runner... I decided after 10 mins and a quick consultation with my erstwhile colleague deanovilla, not to watch anymore.

3 films lately...

A Quiet Place - Horror about a family trying to survive where making noise will get them killed by these creature thingys. Very well done and very intense. 8.5/10

The Endless - Independent sci-fi about 2 brothers who escape a UFO death cult. Years later they receive a cryptic message inspiring them go back, and weird stuff happens. Pretty good. 7/10

Ready Player One - New Spielberg film set in 2045 where everyone uses virtual reality to escape the grim real world. Visually very good but that's no big deal these days is it? It was OK. 6/10