What was the last film you watched | Page 396 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Watched a decent film last night called The Devil's Doorway. It starred Lalor Roddy, Ciaran Flynn & Helena Bereen.

In the fall of 1960, Father Thomas Riley and Father John Thornton were sent by the Vatican to investigate a miraculous event in an Irish home for 'fallen women', only to uncover something much more horrific.

Yes, it's an Irish horror film. A case of bigorror I suppose...Lol Quite good actually but you have to get used to the style of filming, which is like being filmed on a movie camera of the 1960's ilk. 7/10

Another 3 I've watched in the last few days...

Molly's Game - starring Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba, true story of Molly Bloom who comes under FBI investigation running underground poker games for some pretty famous people. Apparently Michael's Cera's character is based on Tobey Maguire, what a dick. Interesting story. 7.5/10

Jarhead - Film from years ago starring Jake Gyllenhaal as a marine in the first Gulf War. I'd never watched it properly before, pretty good. 7/10

Adaptation - another old one I'd seen years ago starring Nicolas Cage, Meryl Streep and Chris Cooper. Story about a screen writer struggling to write a screen play for a book. It's pretty out there and very "meta". But a very good film. 9/10

Blade Runner 2049
A very forgettable film indeed, cameo for Harrison Ford

Did you watch it at home?

I saw it in the cinema and loved it. It's visually and aurally spectacular. I'd imagine it would lose all of that on a small screen.

The Pirates of Somalia.

Young kid wanting to become a journalist decides to skip going to Harvard and instead go straight to Somalia to cover events there.

Pretty good watch.

Watched a decent film last night called The Devil's Doorway. It starred Lalor Roddy, Ciaran Flynn & Helena Bereen.

In the fall of 1960, Father Thomas Riley and Father John Thornton were sent by the Vatican to investigate a miraculous event in an Irish home for 'fallen women', only to uncover something much more horrific.

Yes, it's an Irish horror film. A case of bigorror I suppose...Lol Quite good actually but you have to get used to the style of filming, which is like being filmed on a movie camera of the 1960's ilk. 7/10

Watched that Pride, yeah it was pretty good actually, better than I expected because these found footage films seem to be done to death. I don't find most horror movies particularly scary but the end was pretty intense wasn't it?

I'd give it a 7/10 too.

Thor Ragnorak, i couldn't stop laughing proper reminded me of the old Flash Gordon style,

Also Snowman its slow but only a little bit meh

Turned Thor off, I think I'm bored of the superhero comic stuff now.

Agree on Snowman, said on the last page pretty average really.

Turned Thor off, I think I'm bored of the superhero comic stuff now.

Agree on Snowman, said on the last page pretty average really.

I'm the same with the comic stuff tbh but this one was just a pee take i thought, constant acting saft so i enjoyed it better than trying to take serious superhero's in capes all the time, did get repetitive these comic movies even the kids ain't bothered about them now.

A mountain between us, I watched if via fast forward! not my sort of thing

The Hitman's Bodyguard. Decent.