What was the last film you watched | Page 392 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Handsome Devil - it's about two secondary school boys struggling as outsiders in a rugby school. It's quite a nice film in a low budget kind of way.

7/10

American Ultra. Jesse Eisenberg is a slacke who accidentally finds out he’s actually a CIA super-spy. Really liked it, not least because it also stars Kristen Stewart. She makes my tummy fizz.

12 Strong starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon & Michael Peña.

12 Strong tells the story of the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11; under the leadership of a new captain, the team must work with an Afghan warlord to take down the Taliban.

Always like a true story and this was no exception. 8/10

Last edited:
12 Strong starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon & Michael Peña.

12 Strong tells the story of the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11; under the leadership of a new captain, the team must work with an Afghan warlord to take down the Taliban.

Always like a true story and this was no exception.
How true though dude...true....or based on?

I've started avoiding claims of true story as when you actually look into it there's a lot of Hollywood licence involved?

If genuine that's up my street?

I've started avoiding claims of true story as when you actually look into it there's a lot of Hollywood licence involved?

Just from the trailor, it looks about as 'true' as American Sniper.

Anyway, you have seen that film before; lovely, handsome, friendly American guys go half way around the world to murder tens of thousands of people and feel a little bit sad and confused afterwards. Awwwww.

Apparently it's true Mike. At the end of the film you see a photo of 'the team' and, apparently, their is a statue at the site of the twin towers dedicated to these guys (a soldier on horseback), because they traveled on horseback over there.

I'll take a look, I'm normally get disappointed though even with great films when it's embellished. Might be one to take on face value though.

Watched the remake of Flatliners.

Wasn't expect a lot, these remakes are never very good are they, but quite enjoyed this one.

It's not as good as the original but it's filmed in more of a horror film style so quite tense at times.

Not sure I really saw the point in Kiefer Sutherlands cameo though. Can't be that hard up surely? Didn't add anything.