What are you going to do to replace football watching time ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What are you going to do to replace football watching time ?

I am have about six NCFC DVDs from previous seasons. This could turn into an all nighter! I need to pace myself!

I have been up to our second floor bedrooms for first time in about 6 months
as they are used for storing and drying and we have about 300 movies on DVD up there so should be ok for a while !

Fascinating read and thanks for the link DG . Football is more than just 90 minutes ... it’s about companionship, a sense of belonging , a sense of togetherness and it gives us the most incredible range of emotions like nothing else can . Hope it’s back soon !

I miss it and it has only been a weekend - it feels like an international break at the moment.

I have mowed the lawn --- next is throwing away old crap. Oh joy.

Just been to do the weekly shop and the shelves are nearly empty . Now people are panic buying everything .One bloke had a trolley full of huge packs of crisps. How could he eat 500 packs of crisps in a week ? Even better than that someone was panic buying bottled water ..... Jesus !... the stuff comes out of the tap

STOP PANIC BUYING !

People are moronic.
We cut down and did a £ 20 weekly shop to help the cause but
that appeared to be a waste of time.
Sad thing is the percentage of obese people in this country.
2 week lock down with a decrease in eating should hardly be a problem
for most people.

We will be in isolation from Saturday for around twelve weeks, possibly more so will be dependent on family to do our shopping.

Hope you will be OK Rex . 12 weeks is a long time but it’s the safest thing to do . Keep washing those hands !

Thanks everyone. It's a bit galling as I feel great but I do understand the reasoning behind the advice.At least Mrs Rex will have time to spend in her beloved garden.

I'll get a chance to catch up with some Physics articles I never seem to get time for.

We will be in isolation from Saturday for around twelve weeks, possibly more so will be dependent on family to do our shopping.
Rex, if you need help, reach out on here. Same goes for anyone. I’m sure we could all help each other out if we had nowhere else to turn

Apart from the madness in the supermarkets it all very quiet everywhere . All the oldies in the complex where I live are quite frightened and most folk are staying in their flats . It grieves me that poor frail old ladies get to the supermarket only to find the greedy , selfish younger and fitter so called human beings have been there since 6am buying everything they can lay their hands on and are hoarding everything in their lofts , sheds and garages , while older folk like me in a small flat can only buy what I need and now can’t get anything . Can the pea brained morons not even see that if they panic buy all soap then the rest of of can’t wash our hands thus making the virus worse for them ?

I hope your family can get all you need Rex because it is a very unpleasant selfish world out there

Thanks again for all your kind comments. I have registered with a couple of supermarkets for online groceries but atm cannot book a delivery slot. Also more surprisingly, click and collect slots aren't available either.

We have done an inventory of our current stocks and have enough for two weeks so the situation is not urgent, yet. In the meantime, I'll just keep plugging away.

I refuse to stock pile so have an empty fridge and hand full of items in freezer and doubt if able to re stock on Saturday as usual.

I have been in waitrose car park at 7.30 am ever Saturday morning for past 2 years but expect not to be on our own this Saturday :grinning::grinning:

My conscious is clear but we have hardly any food.
On the bright side the adnams store was open so just topped up with several cans of the excellent new ' camden on sea ' ale.

Rex. I can easily help you out if required. I am only a walk away