What are you going to do to replace football watching time ? | Page 5 | Vital Football

What are you going to do to replace football watching time ?

Mrs Rex went to have a bath yesterday (she just spends money like water). Anyway, the water was cold and, when I checked I had an F3 error. There's no vaccine for it so I found it was a faulty actuator (riveting isn't it?).

I got my daughter to pick up a replacement and fitted it. I only had to dismantle part of the kitchen :grinning:

Wh needs football when you can have this kind of fun.

Riveting stuff Rex ! I spent an exciting morning cleaning the capping stones on my garden wall with a wire brush . It doesn’t get any better than that !

Reactions: Rex
Chaps. I had a manic day of many small tiresome tasks.
It included calls / emails / drawings for getting informal nod for a much larger house on a plot than for the approved design by another person already granted, before lunchtime when a sale had to be agreed. Then getting pile layout agreed for a new house design almost over a river and near 2 huge trees and also agreeing foundations for new house with 3 different people as so close to an oak tree and working out how deep they have to go in clay sub soil. Then it was trying to get a Contractor to get under way with an extension to a terrace house close to neighbours crap extension as soon as possible due to client not wanting to wait.
Finally discussing how to fit 5 and 4 houses onto sites with 2 different clients when there is clearly not adequate space.

Sometimes I just want to sit out in the sun !

Day 33 in isolation - really getting to me this week. Autumn fine weather, light winds and flat seas, and the choice of whether to risk going out in the boat for some R & R and mental refurbishment. Here there is a statement on the state government website that says " you can go out in the boat to fish". But the dear old politicians cant help themselves in qualifying that in the sentences hat follow this magnanamous statement - so long as:-
- Its to get food and essential - well yes going fishing is to get food, at least it is outside in the open sea, that's the whole bloody idea - but this word "essential" is the most powerful word in all this when being assessed. Is it essential - yes to me, but if they asked "Is your pantry empty" and I said NO then they have the arbitrary choice to assess whether it is essential, and if not, an expensive fine of a thousand dollars for both of us each
- Its for exercise - YES - that is my exercise - bouncing along doing knee jerks over each wave - its knackering winding a big snapper up from the depths and two at the same time - boy!!
- Its essential - its ruddy essential for my mental state to get out of 33 days confinement
- Its for work - dont think surveying the waves count in Building Designing
And lastly, their piece de resistance (or whatever it is)
- "If you have any doubt leave the boat at home". The whole set of rules and "essential" interpretation leaves us in blinking doubt and the fishing guy on news puts it across that we cant go out so wash the boat and pump the tyres up. What's the bloody point in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the boat sits with its pyjamas on.
Running out of steam writing recording and playing songs - need to get uplifted to happier ones apparently according to Mrs S!!!!!
Our bath Rex has African Violets hiding it so Mrs Rex wouldnt have much luck there at the mo either. Mrs S grows them very well, award winning ones, she currently holds the best in our state show, some stunning flowers to look at and keep tendered.
The odd line is getting drawn for work, the complete opposite to DG. But a major project is now on the horizon so that'll keep me going for a couple of years if I live that long and dont die of confinement frustration!!
Strange times I'm having a job getting my head around that the whole world is basically confined at home just as we are.
Keep well everyone.