What are you going to do to replace football watching time ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What are you going to do to replace football watching time ?

Apart from the madness in the supermarkets it all very quiet everywhere . All the oldies in the complex where I live are quite frightened and most folk are staying in their flats . It grieves me that poor frail old ladies get to the supermarket only to find the greedy , selfish younger and fitter so called human beings have been there since 6am buying everything they can lay their hands on and are hoarding everything in their lofts , sheds and garages , while older folk like me in a small flat can only buy what I need and now can’t get anything . Can the pea brained morons not even see that if they panic buy all soap then the rest of of can’t wash our hands thus making the virus worse for them ?

I hope your family can get all you need Rex because it is a very unpleasant selfish world out there

Staff at a big supermarket confirmed to me its the younger fitter people who are doing the bulk buying. There is no logic to their thinking.

The people who need to buy for a bit longer are the old folk who have been told to stay in.

STAY CALM AND CARRY ON!

Thanks DG, I think it will all be OK. I managed to get a click and collect slot at Morrison's on Wednesday; I don't have to get out of the car as they will pop the stuff in the boot. About a third of the range online was unavailable but we managed. I think I have found a local supplier of fruit and veg who does deliveries.

Miss S lives in Reading with her boyfriend in a flat at the top of his Gran’s house. He is Type 1 diabetic and his Gran is 83, who are both ‘at risk’ so having to self isolate. A few days ago the plan was for Mr S to collect them from Reading tomorrow and bring them back to us for Mothers Day weekend and do a ‘big shop’ before taking them back on Monday. That ain’t happening and I won’t see her for the foreseeable and it breaks my heart. I know I am not not alone with such disappointment.
Three weeks ago we were looking forward to Miss S cooking the Mother’s Day meal and watching the FA Cup quarter final together. Now I am looking at hopefully setting up a Skype call ( never used it before) and I will most likely be cooking something from the freezer. With a bad knee still, I really can’t be bothered to battle my way through a supermarket full of panic buyers.

Miss DG 's both working from home and trying to duplicate their 45 and 75 minute walks to work so we all walked to M and S this morning for 8 am.
They were trying to let in the elderly / frail for first hour but as people had gone there especially, let everybody in at 8 am.
I bought enough for a week as refuse to hoard.
They actually had quorn mince and tinned toms so its veg chilli and shepherds pie for us ! :grinning::grinning:

So first we had the drought for a few years, affected perishables supply, then we had cyclones and torrential rain in 2017 and a 1 in 100 year storm that flooded the street and came into our driveway and wiped out the gate mechanism, lost a lot of tropical fruit and vegetable staples and the drought was till here in some places so meat went through the roof, then summer arrived in late 2019 and the bushfires came and wiped out huge areas of the land from top to bottom, lost a lot of agri areas and stock and they finally went out in last month, more torrential rain, and now March 2020 brings a worldwide virus affecting us all. Geesh - you'd be stuck in the looney bin if you ever forecast that lot happening in such a short time. I rang my brother last night, he's in the Midlands. Highly vulnerable to this virus so daren't leave the house as if he contracts it, it will kill him. Woke up this morning and something etherically had changed. The energy was different. There we were, two brothers on the opposite side of the globe and both house bound for safetys sake for the same reason. This is so surreal. An unseen threat you have to protect yourself from but yet have no idea if, where, when or how it is or isnt. We needed some weekly staples so shot down to the supermarket. Cleaned the trolley, got most of what I needed, but it felt so strange and different. I shop the same supermarket every week, but today it was different. Like the air had changed. My skin felt different whilst in there, reactive sort of thing really. Disappeared when I exited. Got the other stuff in another couple of shops but that felt normal. Went back to the car just wondering what we're up for in the coming weeks.

What more can we be tested with?. I think this is so massive that it will change us wether we like it or not. Noticeably or subtly . It will finish but a lot of things will change and some lost.

The weathers dropping and the seas and winds are great on Sunday so taking the boat out and heading off-shore to try for some Spanish mackeral. Hopefully they wont close the NSW / Qld border whilst we're out there!!!!!!

To all the Vital Crew from here down under - I wish you all will keep safe, keep well and in the good old British tradition carry on regardless. We're all in this together even if we are half a world apart.

I have given up with the shops for a week or two and will just have to make do . Went early to Tesco the other day and just picked up a basket to buy a few essentials that were not there so came away with nothing . While we were in the shop younger stronger people with huge trolleys were just taking everything. I hope the panic buyers and hoarders rot in hell

Now I am looking at hopefully setting up a Skype call ( never used it before) .

I used Skype for the second time this week - it was great to see my brother and his family as normally the dog and bone is voice only.

I hope you get as good visual and voice as I did.

Time to support your local shops.
We have an independent shop who have stocked up with fruit and veg as usual and surprised they have few customers. I shop there.
Also my local East of England Co op but sadly that has now been invaded by horders.

I used Skype for the second time this week - it was great to see my brother and his family as normally the dog and bone is voice only.

I hope you get as good visual and voice as I did.

After a bit of pfaffing, I got to speak to and see Miss S via Skype. Excellent quality! It was a real boost and I really don’t know why we have not done it before. She left home 7 years ago!

We have an independent shop who have stocked up with fruit and veg as usual and surprised they have few customers. I shop there.
Also my local East of England Co op but sadly that has now been invaded by horders.

agree .... I cant see me going to the horrific Blue Boar Tesco again. It was frightening to see the panic buyers and hoarders in there whilst I didn’t stand a chance with them with my small basket. We have a variety of local shops which I shall use and continue to use when this nightmare is over

Queues outside our local fruit and veg store today !

So first we had the drought for a few years, affected perishables supply, then we had cyclones and torrential rain in 2017 and a 1 in 100 year storm that flooded the street and came into our driveway and wiped out the gate mechanism, lost a lot of tropical fruit and vegetable staples and the drought was till here in some places so meat went through the roof, then summer arrived in late 2019 and the bushfires came and wiped out huge areas of the land from top to bottom, lost a lot of agri areas and stock and they finally went out in last month, more torrential rain, and now March 2020 brings a worldwide virus affecting us all. Geesh - you'd be stuck in the looney bin if you ever forecast that lot happening in such a short time. I rang my brother last night, he's in the Midlands. Highly vulnerable to this virus so daren't leave the house as if he contracts it, it will kill him. Woke up this morning and something etherically had changed. The energy was different. There we were, two brothers on the opposite side of the globe and both house bound for safetys sake for the same reason. This is so surreal. An unseen threat you have to protect yourself from but yet have no idea if, where, when or how it is or isnt. We needed some weekly staples so shot down to the supermarket. Cleaned the trolley, got most of what I needed, but it felt so strange and different. I shop the same supermarket every week, but today it was different. Like the air had changed. My skin felt different whilst in there, reactive sort of thing really. Disappeared when I exited. Got the other stuff in another couple of shops but that felt normal. Went back to the car just wondering what we're up for in the coming weeks.

What more can we be tested with?. I think this is so massive that it will change us wether we like it or not. Noticeably or subtly . It will finish but a lot of things will change and some lost.

The weathers dropping and the seas and winds are great on Sunday so taking the boat out and heading off-shore to try for some Spanish mackeral. Hopefully they wont close the NSW / Qld border whilst we're out there!!!!!!

To all the Vital Crew from here down under - I wish you all will keep safe, keep well and in the good old British tradition carry on regardless. We're all in this together even if we are half a world apart.

And as for the Ignorant half wits On Bondi beach???

Walked to the local East Of England Co-op to buy a pack of 4 eggs and 3 bananas for a elderly resident here ( hardly panic buying ) but the Range Rover driving panic buying hoarding bastards must have been there early and stripped the shop bare . But I was lucky that there were a few bananas left , and I also got one of the last 4 eggs boxes for her .

I hope that any panic buying hoarder bastards reading this is happy in the fact that their shed and garage are full of food they will never eat , while my elderly resident neighbour so very nearly went without food today

A reportedly £ 1 billion worth of food has been bought, stored and not eaten as yet during past 2 weeks.
The greedy selfish bastards doing this should be ashamed but I seriously doubt if they are.
Who really needs so much fruit and veg which will not last more than a few days
but has been taken from every store by 10 am.

We have 2 / 3 gravy vegetable type meals a week and have just bought the usual amount of cauliflower, green beans, carrots and sugar snap peas to last us a week for those 3 meals and will look for some more in a weeks time.
We still buy for a week, store the minimum and waste absolutely nothing at all.

Why can't everybody just do that.

and as for opening up for an hour just for NHS workers at 9 am.
What time do you think they start work.
Mrs DG leaves the house at 7.15 and gets home about 6. 30 pm every day.
Yesterday she went in for a long shift on a day booked as and counting as annual leave, leaving me to get the food amongst selfish hoarding bastards as the shelves are empty when she goes to and gets back from long shifts.

I can’t do link to it but has anyone seen the video on the BBC News site of that poor NHS worker who had worked for 48 hours at the hospital and when she got to the shops the bastards had stripped it bare ?