What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 203 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

A small turkey joint tonight with quick roasties, yorkies, pigs in blankets and veg. Love turkey for a change
Turns out the thermostat on the new oven is out of calibration by about 30*c which explains things. Phone call to be made tomorrow.
greek yogurt with blueberries again for pud

I don't normally contribute on here but I've just discovered a new thing which blew the family away, and thought it would be rude not to share.
I was in the Aldi middle aisle and my eyes fell on the last jar of blackcurrant curd, which was something I had never seen before.
It has that great punch of blackcurrant, balanced by the curd and went down very well on clotted cream scones.
Being an Aldi special I don't know how prevalent they are, but if you do happen to sight one it's worth giving it a try.

Tea was a bit mad tonight: Cajun-style Welsh Rarebit. A standard recipe with the addition of finely diced apple and shallott and cajun spice.

Pretty good!

Mrs S would consider that to be cheese on toast, well and truly spoilt by the cajun spice!

I don't normally contribute on here but I've just discovered a new thing which blew the family away, and thought it would be rude not to share.
I was in the Aldi middle aisle and my eyes fell on the last jar of blackcurrant curd, which was something I had never seen before.
It has that great punch of blackcurrant, balanced by the curd and went down very well on clotted cream scones.
Being an Aldi special I don't know how prevalent they are, but if you do happen to sight one it's worth giving it a try.
I haven't heard of that one before but will look out for it! I've had a raspberry curd which was nice but the colour was a bit odd!