What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 204 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Bear with me on this one...my attempt at sort of tortillas in my own style for us. Folded seeded flatbreads filled with vegetarian 'beef' strips, fried onions and green beans cooked with a little mirin, mayo, alioli, lettuce and spinach. Comiseration cake for dessert.

Bear with me on this one...my attempt at sort of tortillas in my own style for us. Folded seeded flatbreads filled with vegetarian 'beef' strips, fried onions and green beans cooked with a little mirin, mayo, alioli, lettuce and spinach. Comiseration cake for dessert.

*puts through Google translate*

Nope, still have no idea what any of that it! :grinning:

Mrs N. returned from grand-kid duty last night, so made a slow-cooker paneer, potato and pea keema with naans. Same again tonight.

Lunch will be baked sweet potatoes with crumbled feta and I'm going to try drizzling with a mix of garlic olive oil, lemon juice and freshly chopped chives.

Last edited:
Mrs N. returned from grand-kid duty last night, so made a slow-cooker paneer, potato and pea keema with naans. Same again tonight.

Lunch will be baked sweet potatoes with crumbled feta and I'm going to try drizzling with a mix of garlic olive oil, lemon juice and freshly chopped chives.
Sounds good! I need to crack out the slow cooker soon.

Wrong time of year! :grinning:

We love it. Works best - imho - with things like stews, curries, chillis, etc. You can do all-sorts in them - bread, cakes, etc. - but we've never got those to work.
That's true, anything sloshy has an advantage in there! Mine has mostly been used to make beef stews, although I recently did BBQ ribs in it which turned out very well. I usually cook my Christmas pudding in it now too, rather than it being on the hob for most of the day. I tried "baking" my sourdough in it when we were without an oven, but it came out like a big, chewy biscuit! I was not impressed. You can also do fudge in it, which I am tempted to try.

Got home from holiday in Wales this afternoon (travelling during match!!). Bought some dressed crab from the crabman, so will be having that for tea with salad and new potatoes, which Mrs S bought from their Tesco local, along with a couple of cream/jam doughnuts...mmmmmm