What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 201 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Complete change of plan tonight as the oven has given up the ghost so instead of the small turkey joint that was about to go in with the prepared potatoes and parsnips, we’ve ended up with spaghetti carbonara.
Time to invest in a new one tomorrow

My PMM yesterday was an experiment - Galettes. Basically pancakes made with buckwheat flour. This was tried as an alternative to oatcakes and I had my usual filling of cheese, tinned tomato and mushroom with a fried egg. Have to say it worked very well. I made more galettes than I needed, so four have gone in the freezer. It will be interesting to see how they work out when unfrozen and cooked in the microwave

My PMM yesterday was an experiment - Galettes. Basically pancakes made with buckwheat flour. This was tried as an alternative to oatcakes and I had my usual filling of cheese, tinned tomato and mushroom with a fried egg. Have to say it worked very well. I made more galettes than I needed, so four have gone in the freezer. It will be interesting to see how they work out when unfrozen and cooked in the microwave

Galletes - the best a man can get.

Well in the absence of a working oven we had ham and pork pie salad with chutney, pickled onions, pickled beetroot, celery, cucumber, lettuce, red pepper, tomatoes, coleslaw and spring onions. Went down really well
New oven being delivered on Wednesday so probably the same tomorrow