What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 128 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Last night was a shop bought lemon chicken ( similar to a Kiev) with chips, peas and onion rings. Very tasty
Also tried a couple of Christmas beers from the pheasantry brewery, one was a Christmas IPA the other a Best Christmas which a bit like a brown ale. Both very drinkable

Passed the turn-off to that brewery many times along the A57 and just over the border in Notts.

Sunday lunch is going to be a Fray Bentos pie (remember them!?) with mash, gravy and veg.

Tea will be Mrs N.'s olive bread with beetroot hummus.

We had a huge dinner of mashed potato, not-chicken poppers, some other fake chicken thing, cauliflower cheese (vegan cheese sauce) and garlic spinach. I also had a cinnamon roll afterwards, which I now regret as I cannot move.

Luxury bubble-and-squeak with bacon tonight.

Tomorrow is going to be an innovative beetroot and chickpea tray-bake curry.

Look away, Merthyr! ;)

Friday is the boys 18th in lockdown. Not sure what we are having to eat, tradition is the children get to choose what they want but he is a little indecisive and time is running out for chef-kok. Got the cake, balloons and wine, or will have once those are delivered, should be cosy just the three us, with his sister in Wales. We are doing the best we can to make it nice for him in difficult times.

Don't know if you bread bakers missed it, but Nigella made a loaf of bread tonight (BBC2) - looked quite straight forward compared with most demonstrations

Don't know if you bread bakers missed it, but Nigella made a loaf of bread tonight (BBC2) - looked quite straight forward compared with most demonstrations
Yep, I missed it! I would say the technique I use for baking my best is simple, if it were otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it 😄

Friday is the boys 18th in lockdown. Not sure what we are having to eat, tradition is the children get to choose what they want but he is a little indecisive and time is running out for chef-kok. Got the cake, balloons and wine, or will have once those are delivered, should be cosy just the three us, with his sister in Wales. We are doing the best we can to make it nice for him in difficult times.
Hope it goes well for you. It's not an easy time to do anything nice to celebrate.

Last night we had fake chicken escalopes, roasted sweet potatoes, baked beans and onion, mushroom and leek in craime fraiche.

Chicken pad Thai for me and smoked salmon and cream cheese in salt and pepper baps for the Mrs, with samosas and bhajis on the side for us both.