Wembley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wembley

You are 100% right. What we've done is given them a reason to deny us the opportunity to host.

We tick all the boxes in terms of stadiums, infrastructure, supportive government,football passion etc.

We should be the perfect Solution. We've just given them the "yeah but......".

Spot on. Sadly the numbskulls acting like they did on Sunday have no regard for that. Also, at a slight tangent, but connected to your point re infrastucture, stadiums etc. I have absolutely no idea why we are proposing to host the tournament with the rest of the UK and Re Ireland. There is absolutely no need - we have more than enough stadiums in England and just having it in England means closer and quicker transport and I would have thought that Fifa won't look favourably on a tournament with potentially five hosts - will we all automatically qualify? Obviously, Fifa have no issue with joint hosts when it comes to other, especially developing football nations (with lots of money), but it's another thing to be held against us.

Absolutely high class knee jerking 😂
This guy is quickly becoming a legend on the art of over reacting to any given situation.
He is a comedian, not a presenter on Panorama.

I'd take a wild guess that you don't like him because of his stance on Brexit.

It's meant to be comedy ffs (albeit with some truth thrown in to make it semi serious and more biting).

He is a comedian, not a presenter on Panorama.

I'd take a wild guess that you don't like him because of his stance on Brexit.

It's meant to be comedy ffs (albeit with some truth thrown in to make it semi serious and more biting).
I don’t know his stance on Brexit.
I’d never seen him in my life until someone posted a thing he did weeks back which I found funny.
This one was mildly amusing in places but basically it was about the U.K. being a nation of racist wankers.
Ok
Come on .
You may well be happy to be called a racist ****** but I don’t want to be put in that category thanks.
Hands up who on here went out last Sunday night and smashed up their high street?
I’d have a punt at nobody.
Who actually knows someone who behaved in that despicable manner?
So, to besmirch a country because of the actions of a very tiny minority is a bit much and quite typical of today’s over reaction to many issues.

I don’t know his stance on Brexit.
I’d never seen him in my life until someone posted a thing he did weeks back which I found funny.
This one was mildly amusing in places but basically it was about the U.K. being a nation of racist wankers.
Ok
Come on .
You may well be happy to be called a racist ****** but I don’t want to be put in that category thanks.
Hands up who on here went out last Sunday night and smashed up their high street?
Who actually knows someone who behaved in that despicable manner?
So, to besmirch a country because of the actions of a very tiny minority is a bit much and quite typical of today’s over reaction to many issues.
It's called comedy. Obviously he doesn't mean everyone otherwise he includes himself.

Obcioisly users on this board are unlikely to mix with the wreckers of Sunday. Sadly, in my area I've overheard plenty of vile racism.

It's called comedy. Obviously he doesn't mean everyone otherwise he includes himself.

Obcioisly users on this board are unlikely to mix with the wreckers of Sunday. Sadly, in my area I've overheard plenty of vile racism.
Don’t ‘ear much down ‘ere in Wurzel Land but then to be honest, we rarely see a foreign number plate let alone many bame people.😁

Spot on. Sadly the numbskulls acting like they did on Sunday have no regard for that. Also, at a slight tangent, but connected to your point re infrastucture, stadiums etc. I have absolutely no idea why we are proposing to host the tournament with the rest of the UK and Re Ireland. There is absolutely no need - we have more than enough stadiums in England and just having it in England means closer and quicker transport .......
"Logic" doesn't always come into politics.
(e.g. other topics on this forum...)

So proposing a two-country Tournament softens any "nationalist" sentiment that might prompt opposition from a.n. other.

Also, there is the politics of Brexit and the N.I. border.
Even if some believe that the latter was overblown - and /or the EU is to "blame" for subsequnt difficulties - what is the point of giving critics any old excuse to object to an "England" bid ?

So why not get on board a UK and Ireland bid ?
(Surely "most" of a World Cup is better than "none" ?

....... and I would have thought that Fifa won't look favourably on a tournament with potentially five hosts - will we all automatically qualify? Obviously, Fifa have no issue with joint hosts when it comes to other, especially developing football nations (with lots of money), but it's another thing to be held against us.
Good point.
Would the other nations accept a revival of the Home Internationals - with winner automatically through ?
(Then the rest going through Qualifiers).

Forget if we can our loss in the final and the fallout from the penalties. Some of that has overshadowed the disorder in and around the stadium. The numbers storming the turnstiles have now been reported at 5000. Those numbers, if anywhere near true, are shocking and pose difficult questions for football authorities, fans and government.

The displays of mass drunkenness and disorder in London and other cities, the disgraceful behaviour towards opposing fans and the level of general criminality shame us. I know other countries have had serious problems with their fans but surely that is not the standard we measure ourselves against.

Football generates the highest of passions and usually their release without violence and disorder. Those experiences should be available for all; they do not belong only to young, adult males fuelled up and primed for aggression.

To be honest, I think the paralytic drunkeness on display and all that went with it, whether it was the bloke with the flare up his arris, the bloke with the small cock dancing on Olympic Way, or another lad openly scoobing and snorting nose-bang to cheers from other fans etc is sadly more associated with the obligatory 'day out at Wembley'. I've seen this increasingly on display over the last 10 years whenever there is a major cup final match or rugby league game at Wembley. I should know; I only live down the road. But 'jibbing', or bunking your way into the ground aggressively without a ticket is something new and proper w@nky, bin-dipper behaviour, especially given the obvious security implications. I suspect that if the Designer Outlet and various bars, terraced areas and food stalls bt the stadium weren't in situ of the former car parks then the police would have easily observed and monitored the fans gathering and planning each of their respective assaults on the outer perimeters and turnstiles and nipped it in the bud early doors.

The 'Wembley Day Out' shithousery that I've seen enough of in the surrounding Harrow and Wembley areas really takes the shine off of Wembley being a showpiece final for me. Whilst the old Wembley was a river of spilt beer's, p1ss, hamburgers, and 'orsesh1t, it at least had a heritage and an incredible atmosphere to the place and already-after only 14 years- you can see the wear and tear in the new stadium, particularly in the wear of the concrete and ceiling fixtures. And back in the day, people could would get drunk, not decimated by 12pm, as you ran the risk of being refused entry.

But truly, it's the state of some of the more recent visitors to the 'new' Wembley, whether it's a group of Huddersfield fans in Weekend Offender or Henri Lloyd garb giving it the biggun but barely able to speak or stand up, or a Manchester City fan with the blue/purple sick stain of 'Dark Fruits' cider covering his replica shirt, or a Tranmere 'lad' sucker punching and K/O'ing a Newport fan outside a takeaway shop; it makes for an increasingly a depressing experience on matchday, visitor or local, especially if I'm sober and passing on the way home from work. But seeing more than 1,500+ fans storm the gates and occupy the areas reserved for disabled fans or the families of the Italian squad was truly a low point.

Going by the Everton, Liverpool, Manchester (City and United), Sunderland and Wigan fans I work with, it seems to generally be a minority of fans from up North or further afield who seem to bring more chaos and it's usually because they have been on the sauce since boarding the early train to Euston or Kings Cross from 6 or 7 am onwards. Funnily enough, I heard that most of the jibbers on Sunday were Burnley, Blackburn and City/United fans.

Don't get me wrong, I do remember a small of Millwall fans (about 10 of them) jumping over the Town End wall to access Priestfield when we played them at home, but this was more than 23 years ago and and Millwall only had been given 1,300 away tickets (compared with the 3,200 or so the previous year). Also, I don't discount the Swine or any other West Country team being bellends on a Wembley outings, yet the art of 'jibbing' your way through an away day - whether it's not paying for train travel, match tickets, food or even strippers- seems anecdotally to be be a Northern thing.

To be honest, I think the paralytic drunkeness on display and all that went with it, whether it was the bloke with the flare up his arris, the bloke with the small cock dancing on Olympic Way, or another lad openly scoobing and snorting nose-bang to cheers from other fans etc is sadly more associated with the obligatory 'day out at Wembley'. I've seen this increasingly on display over the last 10 years whenever there is a major cup final match or rugby league game at Wembley. I should know; I only live down the road. But 'jibbing', or bunking your way into the ground aggressively without a ticket is something new and proper w@nky, bin-dipper behaviour, especially given the obvious security implications.

?

Which is it? Is it "new" behaviour, or is it 'bin dipper" behaviour? Scallies have been doing this in major finals (apart from Hillsborough) since the 80's.

Enjoyed the rest of your post!

I see Labour and conservative saying when people who write this outrageous vile racist abuse they should be banned for life from attending football matches, obviously I agree but probably over half have never have and never will go to any match, they are just racist.
When I was young living in London Chiswick i was walking down the high road when I see notices in front windows saying no blacks, no Irish, no dogs I knew this would cause trouble in the future and it’s understandable why these ethnic groups have now started looking after themselves. Social media is getting out off hand, I will get off the machine as I’m rambling but I hope you know what I mean

Have you got a source Jo ?

Reported in the Daily Mail and attributed to UEFA officials, in inverted commas. I can't tell the true number but I have seen extended reports showing growing numbers and rising violence over a number of hours. Officialdom tried to play it down because they knew they had failed but we're forced to change the story progressively.

The area behind the Italian goal 2nd half was very overcrowded with gangways crammed with standing spectators. This was way in excess of what any club side has done and could easily have ended in tragedy.

I take Steve's points but we deserve to be censured over this. It was unsafe and hostile, many won't return

Reported in the Daily Mail and attributed to UEFA officials, in inverted commas. I can't tell the true number but I have seen extended reports showing growing numbers and rising violence over a number of hours. Officialdom tried to play it down because they knew they had failed but we're forced to change the story progressively.

The area behind the Italian goal 2nd half was very overcrowded with gangways crammed with standing spectators. This was way in excess of what any club side has done and could easily have ended in tragedy.

I take Steve's points but we deserve to be censured over this. It was unsafe and hostile, many won't return

I don't think anyone can put a figure on the numbers involved due to the very nature of the incident.
As more and more cctv is examined , I'm sure they can only estimate.

I see Labour and conservative saying when people who write this outrageous vile racist abuse they should be banned for life from attending football matches, obviously I agree but probably over half have never have and never will go to any match, they are just racist.
When I was young living in London Chiswick i was walking down the high road when I see notices in front windows saying no blacks, no Irish, no dogs I knew this would cause trouble in the future and it’s understandable why these ethnic groups have now started looking after themselves. Social media is getting out off hand, I will get off the machine as I’m rambling but I hope you know what I mean

Who will judge what is racist and would it be a thought through law or just a witch hunt. Only racist abuse or maybe other misdemeanours, this government us incapable of thought through processes.

If someone has threatened anyone then football bans are irrelevant and they need to feel the full force of the law.

If someone has threatened anyone then football bans are irrelevant and they need to feel the full force of the law

Even threatening someone has to be taken into context. A drunken bravado message online is different to threatening someone face to face.
ie Causing fear
Does threatening behaviour carry much of a sentence these days , I don't know.

Even threatening someone has to be taken into context. A drunken bravado message online is different to threatening someone face to face.
ie Causing fear
Does threatening behaviour carry much of a sentence these days , I don't know.

Its the same for me, the same rules in either case need context, whether the threat is real or real to the complainant and the severity when being sentenced. Same issue that the law needs to be thought through not just a knee jerk reaction.

Is getting into Wembley without a ticket even a crime? It would be trespass wouldn't it ( which is currently a civil matter)?