WBA after DC | Page 65 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, Lampard departure would net £4 million compensation for Derby. What has he achieved?
Danny and Nicky are worth twice that. Let's get a bigger compen clause written in for when the inevitable happens.

We could try. I'd be very surprised if they would sign the contract though. I already think they will find it difficult to get to manage at a higher level unless they get there either with us, or a 'bigger' club at the level we are now. They owe us diddly squat so why lessen what chance there is by agreeing to a large release clause.

We could try. I'd be very surprised if they would sign the contract though. I already think they will find it difficult to get to manage at a higher level unless they get there either with us, or a 'bigger' club at the level we are now. They owe us diddly squat so why lessen what chance there is by agreeing to a large release clause.

Hopefully we won’t know for sure if you are right about them not getting an offer, from a club higher up than L1. The reason being they manage at a higher level with us.

But I imagine you are already wrong. I think their destiny is very much in their own hands and so far they have decided their destiny is ,at the moment, in Lincoln.

An example of a top manager who didn't play at a particularly high level was Arsene Wenger. He had plenty of detractors in later years, but if most of us had had his career I think we would feel we'd been pretty successful. (But obviously he is not English)

Indeed. Wenger spent many years in amateur and semi pro football in his home region, Alsace. He then progressed into full time football and then onwards to a fabulous career at Arsenal. It was very clear that he had a very different attitude to Danny when we played them. He definitely saw a lot of himself in Danny.

All signings are a gamble, managerial appointments more so. But unless you're appointing someone with a record of failure, what's the difference who you go for?

Would Guardiola or Zidane be suitable for Chelsea? Everyone's got to start somewhere and they started at the two biggest clubs in the world after one, and half a season respectively coaching B-teams in the lower reaches of the Spanish League.

Absolutely. Lampard would have no problem being a success at Chelsea.

We are doomed.

Nicky's wife has a picture of a packaged removal box on her social media, they must be leaving soon if they are moving home.

(Or they may just be moving house within the Lincoln area).

Charlton chairman is a total basket case - involved in an ongoing Mexican standoff with the fans, club in turmoil. Not a worry whilst he is in charge of the club. Otherwise would have raised a bit of concern.

I think the Bowyer situation has been caused by the offer of a one-year contract extension. Charlton say they cannot offer a longer term due to a potential change in ownership, and Bowyer has possibly taken umbrage.

Championship boards are a proper trigger happy lot aren't they?
Why on earth would any up and coming manager want a job there? The manager churn at some of them is disgusting. Basically for some of them it'sa new manager every summer then another one at Xmas if they're not top 6 or the very least challenging.

Championship boards are a proper trigger happy lot aren't they?
Why on earth would any up and coming manager want a job there? The manager churn at some of them is disgusting. Basically for some of them it'sa new manager every summer then another one at Xmas if they're not top 6 or the very least challenging.

I agree completely with this, derby are the same so not overly concerned, middlesborough was my biggest worry, Gibson is a good owner very much like our own.

Both Gary Rowett and now Gary monk both sacked from Birmingham after doing a good job under difficult circumstances. Bizarre

Birmingham and Hull both look much too unstable for Danny. Derby would remain my only little concern. They're a level in status above all the others that have been up for grabs lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.