WBA after DC | Page 5 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is with most Championship clubs they expect to be up there in the top 6 minimum and if you're not you're a goner.
If Forest and Stoke aren't in the up 6 by the end of August they'll be out of a job. Championship is very cut throat and they will know that.
We will probably get the up coming season then after that who knows?
Their biggest problem for will be coaching players of potential skill far higher than they're used, who make not take two former teachers who weren't top end players like them telling them what to do.
I know we have a few players here who've played to a decent level but this will be a big step up for them.

Granted they will do this at point but maybe to a bigger once they a bit more experience.

Location aside Boro would be a good move for them - patient Chairman, great training facilities and academy. Still think they’ll want a stab at League One with us but this time next year......

Speaking to one of the bosses at work and one of the biggest issues Nathan Jones has had at Stoke is dealing with players who are on 3 or 4 million a year it is a completely different ball game to dealing with lower division players.

Speaking to one of the bosses at work and one of the biggest issues Nathan Jones has had at Stoke is dealing with players who are on 3 or 4 million a year it is a completely different ball game to dealing with lower division players.
My point too, different ball game, probably with an agent in tow too advising no doubt.

If their forum is anything to go by, they'll be steering clear of them. The normal, lazy assumptions made over there about style of play, conveniently ignoring the comments from Duff and Campbell later on in the season and citing comments from other forums who already have preconceived ideas without even seeing us play. I mean, we've been compared to John Beck's Lincoln side! :lol:
To be fair, a Beck built side did get us promoted. Don't think the style comparison is quite right though!

Everything about the Cowleys is learning based, they're very clear about that and are honest about still learning their trade. I can't see them making such a big jump when there's still so much unchartered territory in front of them. They said they'll take us as far as they can and they havnt done yet but that day is getting ever closer now but not just yet.

Boro job up for grabs as well now.

I'm a pessimist by nature but I can't see them there. Reputation of our style being the reason, however misguided. Reading between the lines Mr Gibson was well aware of the 'Boro fans feeling about the Pulis style. There would be uproar if the change was perceived to be for more of the same.

I think I would be more worried if Sunderland didn't get promoted. A huge club, massively underachieving, with a fanatical fanbase.

I'm sure I read that Pulis had been sacked but Woodgate has the job, although I've not seen the latter confirmed.

Taking players, growing them, and selling them on is part and parcel of lower league football.

Raggett, Woodyard, potentially Andrade. It’s another way of bringing money into the club after the players positively contribute whilst there here.

From the interview, it sounds like it's the only way at the moment.

Worked for Scunthorpe for a long time.
Selling Andrade makes sense to me, did we even pay anything for Bruno?

Status
Not open for further replies.