WBA after DC | Page 6 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I read that Pulis had been sacked but Woodgate has the job, although I've not seen the latter confirmed.

Their local paper says that the club will take their time over an appointment. Woodgate is heavily tipped though so perhaps some insider knowledge is at play

Worked for Scunthorpe for a long time.
Selling Andrade makes sense to me, did we even pay anything for Bruno?
It's the only way for most Clubs from outside the top 7 L1 down. I mean, everyone's a selling Club really but 3 (very rarely) or 4 year contracts (never) aren't handed out at our level, which then enable you to keep hold of them for longer without hitting the crossroads of one year left on a deal i.e. renew (player holds the cards) or sell.

Danny is as expected on the betting list but listed quite a bit lower than the WBA speculation, even below their former manager Karanka

Woodgate is already drifting alarmingly. Opened 1/3 with SkyBet now 10/11. Look North Sea Europe for the next 'Boro manager.

I think I would be more worried if Sunderland didn't get promoted. A huge club, massively underachieving, with a fanatical fanbase.

And we've got a lovely beach, though that wind's a bit nippy. I couldn't see our club going for the Cowleys but it would be a better career move for them than WBA.
I think the Cowleys will give you at least another season. You can learn and grow together. I've seen so many managerial careers derailed because of a bad move. I trust the Cowleys are more sensible.

Listening to the radio this morning, Hughton favourite for Boro and DC mentioned as one of the favourites for WBA.

Really cannot see this happening - they would be fools to risk their name on a move like that. They have no knowledge of the Championship or of dealing with spoilt players - good luck with that one.

Really cannot see this happening - they would be fools to risk their name on a move like that. They have no knowledge of the Championship or of dealing with spoilt players - good luck with that one.

Agree, but nothing certain in football, always expect the unexpected.

I didn’t foresee Nathan Jones moving to Stoke midseason when Luton were top, it happened.

He was adored by the Luton fans in the same way the Cowley’s are here.

It’s football.

I didn’t foresee Nathan Jones moving to Stoke midseason when Luton were top, it happened.

He was adored by the Luton fans in the same way the Cowley’s are here.

It’s football.
Bet he wishes he'd stopped there now, not been the start he'd hoped I would guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.