WBA after DC | Page 4 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually swaying to the idea they may go. Would I blame them? No. Life is too short. Who would replace them? Exciting question.

Only time will tell if they are interested in WBA or WBA are interested in them. What I do know is that if they have the slightest interest at all they will be researching the club to the nth degree, just in case they get a knock on the door.

The football world is full of failed managers, and some who have been successful. I am sure if the Cowley's decided that it wasn't the right time to move on (which is my guess), the future move will be offered by a club that fits their aims and ambitions. Hopefully we still fit that criteria at this time.

Interesting listening to the podcast on radio Lincolnshire, ultimately DC is here to stay in my opinion if we can match his ambition meaning further investment.

Yes, I think further investment is key to us being able to survive and hopefully challenge in League One at some stage. CN was optimistic extra investment could be found, let’s hope we can match the Cowleys ambition on and off the pitch.

I don’t think they’re very interested in the combination of battling to survive and selling players they want to work with to do it. They’re very close to outgrowing us in my opinion.

I don’t think they’re very interested in the combination of battling to survive and selling players they want to work with to do it. They’re very close to outgrowing us in my opinion.

Taking players, growing them, and selling them on is part and parcel of lower league football.

Raggett, Woodyard, potentially Andrade. It’s another way of bringing money into the club after the players positively contribute whilst there here.

Taking players, growing them, and selling them on is part and parcel of lower league football.

Raggett, Woodyard, potentially Andrade. It’s another way of bringing money into the club after the players positively contribute whilst there here.

It is and trading players is part of the job but it’s not what they want to do when they know they can develop players further - that’s what they want to do.

I’m just reacting to their comments in the podcast. There’ll be a club somewhere that interests them that will have the finance to allow them to work with players longer and develop them further.

Everyone’s a selling club - but it’s time to work with individual players they want I think.

That wouldn't leave them many clubs that will be suitable for them then.

A bigger team will always take your better players no matter what level you're playing at until you reach the level of Real Madrid.

If their forum is anything to go by, they'll be steering clear of them. The normal, lazy assumptions made over there about style of play, conveniently ignoring the comments from Duff and Campbell later on in the season and citing comments from other forums who already have preconceived ideas without even seeing us play. I mean, we've been compared to John Beck's Lincoln side! :lol:

FWIW, I can't see this one, but one thing is for sure - the gap between us and the job where they'll next end up is closing. The jump is getting smaller.

They'll also be fully aware of Hurst (who probably didn't choose his next move very well tbf) and Jones who has struggled (albeit a mid-season move).

Not feeling too good about this one, distance might be in our favour. After travelling here for ages from Essex why would they want a big commute again from lincoln.

Not feeling too good about this one, distance might be in our favour. After travelling here for ages from Essex why would they want a big commute again from lincoln.

Quiet period in the press before the cup final and champions league final. This will blow over after today for a few weeks.

FWIW, I can't see this one, but one thing is for sure - the gap between us and the job where they'll next end up is closing. The jump is getting smaller.

They'll also be fully aware of Hurst (who probably didn't choose his next move very well tbf) and Jones who has struggled (albeit a mid-season move).
I don't think there was anything obvious when Hurst went to Ipswich that said it would be a bad move. Although they were never going to be big spenders (at that level) they had consistently been mid table with the finances they had. They seemed a much more stable club than most, an owner who was criticised for keeping faith in a manager long after the fans had (good for a manager), good history, decent fan base with ground capacity to grow the fan base. I can't think of anything that would have put Hurst off joining yet now 12 months later he is accepting a job at 4th tier Scunthorpe.

Interesting listening to the podcast on radio Lincolnshire, ultimately DC is here to stay in my opinion if we can match his ambition meaning further investment.

Agreed, that was the main thrust of his comments, just hope the necessary finance can be found. I can see them giving it another season with us and how far they can take us. Interesting comment that in relation to 'bums on seats at SB' , in Div 1 we will have the lowest budget ( at the moment ) per head or bum.
These next few weeks will be decisive for LCFC and our future. In Clive and the Cowleys we trust !
UTI.

I don't think there was anything obvious when Hurst went to Ipswich that said it would be a bad move. Although they were never going to be big spenders (at that level) they had consistently been mid table with the finances they had. They seemed a much more stable club than most, an owner who was criticised for keeping faith in a manager long after the fans had (good for a manager), good history, decent fan base with ground capacity to grow the fan base. I can't think of anything that would have put Hurst off joining yet now 12 months later he is accepting a job at 4th tier Scunthorpe.
Aside from the owner making noises about selling and cutting the budget to an already non-big spender in the Championship (although admittedly they probably under performed when compared to their budget to a Rotherham, Wigan types).

That said, I understand your point r.e. sticking with McCarthy and it being a good Club with history. I just don't think there was a massive amount of room to improve thing. It would have taken a massive underachievement for Hurst to have got in the PO's or challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.