WBA after DC | Page 3 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they offered they would take it, but to be honest WBA are a team with realistic Premiership ambitions, I just can't see them taking a chance on someone with 2 seasons in L2 behind them. They have to be looking at someone who could manage in the Premiership in 2 seasons and to be honest that's not yet DC

Weren't we told last year around this time that had signed a contract with Ipswich?
The last couple of interviews I've seen with Danny he has said he'll stop to get us to the championship be it 1 3 or 5 years, as long as we're progressing.
We shall seeclearly.

Unless their agent has leaked something because we're in negotiations over new deals for them?

It's not unusual for stories to come out about players via agents so it's a possibility.

Or looking at it from another angle, performances tailed off towards the end of the season were there noises being made etc etc players get wind of what’s going on.

If they do go the ground issue will be solved hope them bricks are on sale or return !

Having had the dubious pleasure of working in the cesspit of Sandwell over the past quarter of a century I would be very surprised if Albion look to appoint anyone from a lower league. Their owners are inclined to go either internally or a 'name' rather than ability.
Hughton's sacking at Brighton has come at exactly the right moment for all parties and if he isn't appointed within the week I'll be surprised

Last edited:
Of course and as alluded in the thread this won't be the only job DC is heavily linked with this summer and as his stock rises the bigger the temptation will be. Leeds or Middlesbrough should a vacancy arise might be one they couldn't turn down

We all know Danny and probably Nicky are destined to manage at a higher level either with us or with another team but I think it's much too soon. Staying with us next season, hopefully still with us the season after in the Championship but if we miss out on promotion I can see them being tempted by a big offer then.
Just my 2c.

I wonder if DC and NC are as inseparable as seems. I wonder if NC fancies stepping out of big brothers shadow and fancies a crack at the top job himself. Personally I think the perfect replacement for DC is NC.

Won't happen. Hughton nailed on. Also, agree that our boys would look at the treatment of Darren Moore and say "no ta".

I wonder if DC and NC are as inseparable as seems. I wonder if NC fancies stepping out of big brothers shadow and fancies a crack at the top job himself. Personally I think the perfect replacement for DC is NC.
i reckon they're joined at the hip

taylor stayed for another season after winning the championship/ the imps finished 9th in the equivalent of L1.
And was then tempted to step down a division by promises of funding and a progress strategy which were absent at Lincoln and delivered success in spades at Watford. This time around we have the strategy and plans for sustainable funding. Taylor and the Cowleys were/are management teams with talent, ambition but also integrity which is why this time round things may develop differently.

If the last three years have taught us anything about what motivates the Cowleys, they won't be going to West Brom or anywhere else just yet simply because the job at Lincoln is not yet done.

The only slight doubt I have in my mind is whether they feel an offer might not come around again. At the moment stock is high but would it be the same if we are 16th in League 1 come March next??

The only slight doubt I have in my mind is whether they feel an offer might not come around again. At the moment stock is high but would it be the same if we are 16th in League 1 come March next??

This is the one worry I have as well.

However, if I was West Brom I wouldn't want them right now. There is a specific job to do (finish top 2), a race against time to do it, I would want a proven championship manager to achieve it (Hughton).

Status
Not open for further replies.