Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 32 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

To be fair this 36 year old looked vastly superior to Targett at left back. I'd be starting Young there next. But I agree overall, the set up was all sorts of wrong.
Agreed. His age is not the factor here. The fact that he hasn't played as an attacker in about six years is more on point. He was the best left-back in the country a couple of seasons ago and just won a Serie A title playing as a wing-back.

Thoughts:
- There's a reason the midfielder rumours won't go away. Let's hope they're correct.
- We're not ready. Whether that's circumstances or the management to blame we need to get some results whilst getting up to speed. Not ideal.
- Nakamba ain't it.
- El Ghazi is still El Ghazi. He ain't it either, penalty record or no.
- Ings, as good as he is at what he does, showed how much Ollie does for us today.
- I expect our worst half of football for the season coincided with Watford's best.
- Mike Dean still sucks.
- Ismaila Sarr is mustard.
- Ramsey was directly involved in improving us when he came on.
- Bailey is a bargain.
- Emi was crowded out and didn't get any help.
- Finally, we're obviously much much better than that. It'll come.

The ploy from Watford seemed to let us have the ball and eventually we will end up giving it away and then break.
SJM and Marv are too lightweight and slow we need a dominant midfielder a captain, a leader, a Dennis Mortimer type
Centre midfield is not good enough. As much a concern is our so called tight defence conceding 3 at Watford.

Yeah, I was like a kid in a sweetshop for this one.

I never learn.

:shake:

True when do we ever win games like that when all the predictions are wins .
We need to set up away from home as if we are playing a top 4 club and grind out wins in these games. Show respect to clubs on their own pitch especially early in the season.
This is twice now they have done us down there without too much trouble, Smith never learns either

True, maybe losing today is a blessing in disguise, if we want to advance we need to strengthen further.

Just spending money is not the solution. Now that Jack is gone, we need to first focus on creating an effective entertaining style of play. Weaker teams like Watford have shown us that if you can play well you can win without top players or spending tons of money.

Hopefully, this will be the kick up the arse everyone at the club needs all this bollocks about being stronger is just bravado, now we need to start the battle with the other 12 clubs trying to get 40 points first and foremost

Agreed. His age is not the factor here. The fact that he hasn't played as an attacker in about six years is more on point. He was the best left-back in the country a couple of seasons ago and just won a Serie A title playing as a wing-back.
but only playing 60 mins not 90

Just spending money is not the solution. Now that Jack is gone, we need to first focus on creating an effective entertaining style of play. Weaker teams like Watford have shown us that if you can play well you can win without top players or spending tons of money.

You can play all the fancy entertaining football you want mate, it ain't happening with players like Nakamba.