Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
As Aston Villa eyes turned away from the pleasing, but frustrating, 2020/21 Premier League campaign with our solid eleventh place finish and improvement, thoughts turned to pre-season and plenty of fans wondered whether or not we'd again be honouring former manager Graham Taylor following our involvement in Watford's inaugural 'Taylor Trophy' tribute game back in 2017.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...d-for-watford-as-we-honour-a-great-villa-man/

Now the match thread.

Woohoo, the new season is nearly here!
Early start with over a week to go. Predicted an easy Villa win and I think as the newbies to the division they'll be off PL pace and it will take them a little time to get up to speed. They didn't set the Championship alight and I can't see anything other than a Villa win - also sold 3 centre backs in the window including Craig Dawson, their underbelly is soft and ripe for the picking.

Are we going to start the season playing:

--------- SJM ------- Doug---------

Watkins ----- Buendia ---- Bailey

‐------------------ Ings -----------------

????????

No. We won't see Doug till mid September. Playing the Olympic final tomorrow then will have a 2 week holiday.

Early start with over a week to go. Predicted an easy Villa win and I think as the newbies to the division they'll be off PL pace and it will take them a little time to get up to speed. They didn't set the Championship alight and I can't see anything other than a Villa win - also sold 3 centre backs in the window including Craig Dawson, their underbelly is soft and ripe for the picking.

They had the strongest defense in the Championship last year. I think we'll find it easy to keep them quiet but that prick Deaney is always good for a goal.

I am setting myself up for failure but I think we'll batter them.

……………Martinez

Cash….Konsa..…….Mings………..Targett

……………..McGinn……….Nakamba

…………………Buendia

Bailley……………Ings………..Watkins.
i'd go with that minus Bailey and insert AEG or Traore

I doubt Bailey will start - I think Ings and Buendia can slot right in. Buendia has been training long enough and Ings knows whats expected.

Haven't the faintest on this one; too many unknown factors. But given the strength of our defence, and our abundance of lively attackers, I'm going for 0-3 to us.

Suspect the lads can't wait to get going. There's been an enthusiasm in the friendlies which we have seen which will compensate for the no-show of <the letter before K><the letter after F>.

Last edited:
I doubt Bailey will start - I think Ings and Buendia can slot right in. Buendia has been training long enough and Ings knows whats expected.
I don't think he's even landed in England yet, we don't even have a photo of him in the squad on the OS

Ings will get off to a flyer Vs Watford, absolutely guaranteed..
Buendia assist (s).
Suddenly everything feels A-OK again.