Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 19 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

Massive half time. I think what others have said is right, the lack of pre-season games, no time to gel etc. But still not sure Watford should look so much fitter and faster.

Plenty of time, not over-reacting on just one half of football, but that was an awful half, although a couple of near link ups between Buendia and Ings.

Buendia is being played out of position, not sure why we need to do that so early really.

Wakey wakey Villa... oh and more spending essential, absolutely and completely essential.

Watford insanely up for it and Villa flat as a spaniel's ear.

Either Young and El Ghazi off for some people with more energy, or go to a 3-4-3 to negate their wingers. Our forward play has been okay, just can't handle Sarr.

Still, a promoted team away for the first game of the season is probably the worst time to face them.

It’s going to take time with losing Jack and the new signing. I trust in DS. But the poor defence has definitely been a surprise and concern today.

We need to buy a better midfielder before the window is up.

Massive half time. I think what others have said is right, the lack of pre-season games, no time to gel etc. But still not sure Watford should look so much fitter and faster.

Plenty of time, not over-reacting on just one half of football, but that was an awful half, although a couple of near link ups between Buendia and Ings.

Buendia is being played out of position, not sure why we need to do that so early really.

Wakey wakey Villa... oh and more spending essential, absolutely and completely essential.

Buendia is not a number 10. All the games I've seen him play for Norwich he was wide right so why the feck is Smith playing him there.

When you have a 36 year old starting, you know this squad isn't good enough.
Let’s be honest we all thought he’d be back up and good in training for the youngsters, but no, Smith starts him, and not in the position he played for Inter/Man U

But they haven't. Buendia, Young and Ings haven't plus Nakamba got little game time last season.

I said at the time that I couldn't understand why we signed Young and he's proving that I was right. He looks like a 36 year old at the end of his career.
He'll have his uses, maybe as more of a mentor than anything else. He's stuck a couple of decent crosses in. It's at the back that has been a

Are we allowed to use the word gel again now?