Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 17 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

Put me down for a relegation fight this season. Anyone thinking we can push for Europe without Grealish is quite frankly deluded. We have nothing in midfield, defence looks weak and Ings is completely isolated. Dont expect it to get any better either with new players coming back. If Deano is happy with this squad then he can pack his bags now quite frankly.

I was hoping we'd be defensively solid and knick one to win it. That has really not happened.

Lack of a preseason has cost us. Quality to come in with Bailey and Watkins, but that's not enough to be where we want to be.

Maybe I’m just a blind optimist but I’ve seen a few flashes of promise. Always going to be a big adjustment. The second half performance may tell us a lot more than the first.

I do too it's just been poor in defence. Mings had a 5 minute cameo there. Exposed and made a deliberate foul, failed to mark his man on the free kick. Exposed again backed off and performed one of his trademark non-blocks.

I do too it's just been poor in defence. Mings had a 5 minute cameo there. Exposed and made a deliberate foul, failed to mark his man on the free kick. Exposed again backed off and performed one of his trademark non-blocks.
Think that’s true but the midfield is still the worst aspect of our defence in my opinion, not Mings

No direction from Smith & Co to instruct someone to back up Targett whose is having the worst game I've ever seen him have and I've seen a few and no leadership from our players who must see what's happening with Targett and yet no one helps out.

From the dugout onto the pitch nothing but piss poor.

Really needed to get to half time with it still being 1 nil. Bailey and JPB on at half time for me. Why do we bloody bother.