Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 18 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

now we know why ROK and Terry moved out
200w.gif

Not what I expected. The front lads can be forgiven for needing time to gel.... However the back 5 who we assumed didn't need an upgrade have looked absolutely all over the place.
Doesn't help that Young offered absolutely no cover for Targett. We've been sloppy in possession and we're being drawn out and then countered at pace.
I'd like to see AEG/Young off and a third CM, push Emi out wide

Can I still take the draw.
I have to say this is just what I feared, we were a one-man team , the players look as deflated as I am.
I see everything we do goes through Mings and not Buendia.

It's utter disjointed crap

Well that better have been our bad half. This has to be a case of being under prepared and unfit. Targett was awful and our defence showed none of last year's composure.

Was hoping Young and Buendia would give us a bit of creativity. Not see any of that yet, but I'm sure it will come. McGinn not covered himself in glory either.

My main worry here is how much stronger and fitter Watford look than us.

I know that the cancelled pre-season games and having to learn how to attack without G****ish will have a bit of an effect but I still expected better.
No excuse and Greedlish was out for a 3rd of the games last season, and Smith has always been shite when he didn’t play. Hopefully for me, his time is up.

Think that’s true but the midfield is still the worst aspect of our defence in my opinion, not Mings

Well I just hope he keeps his head. When he wants to be Mings is solid but I fear he is having one of his funny days here. Going forward, Young off Bailey on.

The lack of preparation can only be put down to one person. He kept putting out half and half teams and this is the first time this team has played together.
They all do that mate and most of this 11 have played together for years

I think at times last season our defence got away with it due to Emi. They’re not as good as they think they are. He can’t do anything when they are deflecting past him though.

Why no Traore or Bailey on the wings surely we would be way more effective, El Ghazi has done nothing for me, I’d put Bidace ahead of him at this rate.
Traore looked even more off the pace than Targett in the last friendly. Bailey hasn't even shaken anyone's hand yet. He's also got some red flags about tracking back, which is going to be pretty important with that Sarr playing. Maybe we will see him in the second half? Would mind seeing Buendia moved to the right. Is Jacob Ramsey on the bench to go central?

Smith has to earn his corn now.

Terrible first half against a very limited team. They have one good player and we gave him free reign. Our midfield has been at sixes and sevens. We look like a team who have never met before.

Not exactly the start we were hoping for. Targett pulled his shirt up to rub the ball on a throw in and his stomach is bigger than mine! And I’m 40! Not what you’d expect for a PL player.

They all do that mate and most of this 11 have played together for years

But they haven't. Buendia, Young and Ings haven't plus Nakamba got little game time last season.

I said at the time that I couldn't understand why we signed Young and he's proving that I was right. He looks like a 36 year old at the end of his career.

I thought my feed was in slow motion then I realised it was Villa in slow-motion.

Dirty trick not allowing us to play with all 3 players we replaced chunt with we'd piss this with 13 on the pitch .

No excuse we've not been up for it from the off as I thought would happen , it's only watford seems to be the attitude