WARRIORS to the rescue | Page 5 | Vital Football

WARRIORS to the rescue

Wigan Athletic Football Club don't own the stadium now. A company who have controlling interest in the stadium own all the Wigan Athletic FC shares & that (for all Whelan's talk of giving the stadium over to the football club) is how been for yonks.
Whilst the administrators have said they want to sell the whole package, there's nothing stopping someone coming in & just buying the stadium & not the football club which Lenagan, Wigan RL & co all know and could easily do whilst it would mean they wouldn't win any popularity contests

Buying the holding company that own Latics just so that they can play games in June or July (I forget which it is that they can't at the moment) & not move games where there's a bit of a clash is a very expensive way of going about it when they could control the stadium for far less money
Football clubs do not own their stadia, the stadium is owned/held by a separate Ltd company. It is the veil of incorporacy, it prevents the stadium asset getting sucked into the pot of assets, should for example a football club goes into administration. As in our current situation.

Thing is it’s in the rugby’s interest we don’t fold. Let’s not kid our selfs The ground is way to big for a rugby team on its own. So without us using it as well they would lose a fortune. Keeping it going.Plus any new buyers for us could hike the rent up. Trouble is in our position we can’t pick.

A reasonable idea Th but the problem with local boys made good is the ‘ego‘ issue....who is willing to stump up millions and yet not be the main man or the one calling the shots....Someone has to be in charge ....so who will be happy to shell out but be content to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle ?
Fair point. There’s always going to be difficulties, I’d imagine they’d invest and then appoint a chairman and other people with experience in the game to run the club. The game has changed as Whelan was our chairman and owner. As with all his businesses, he made sure he knew everything and where every penny was going. We need shrewd investors and people running the club who have good knowledge of the game. We’ll
be very lucky to get both, I actually think we had the latter until the most recent owner screwed us over.

I keep reading Koukash is worth 3b and I know Google says that but it's way off.

He was on a Channel 4 show not so long ago and he himself said he was only worth 50m which is loads less than Whelan.

It's not a critasism as it's still an impressive fortune to build up and I'm grateful for any interest if he is one of the parties but he's not as wealthy as some believe.

Nixon and Kendrick both said they haven't heard he is a bidder.

I keep reading Koukash is worth 3b and I know Google says that but it's way off.

He was on a Channel 4 show not so long ago and he himself said he was only worth 50m which is loads less than Whelan.

It's not a critasism as it's still an impressive fortune to build up and I'm grateful for any interest if he is one of the parties but he's not as wealthy as some believe.

Nixon and Kendrick both said they haven't heard he is a bidder.

To be fair only the administrator knows who has bid and who hasn't

Put me on the spot there moonay
But ill be quite honest i would never like my club go bust so if lanegan takes over then good hopefully he will look after the club
But for me personally like oscarban says i can vote with my feet and through principle i would have to
I am whith you mate 👍