WARRIORS to the rescue | Vital Football

WARRIORS to the rescue

If he's the only candidate or the highest bid, you'll have to get over it

Depending on how serious the other parties are i don't think Pollard will outbid either of them, didn't Super League bail out all RL clubs a short while ago? Where as Pollards money come from all of a sudden?

No not him, anyone but that mon, Ainscough or Koukash for me!
Ainscough hates football, he won’t be interested in buying Latics.

Important to note that three separate entities have shown proof of funds and signed NDAs. That’s not including Leneghan’s group, whom I assume is on the hunt for backers as we speak because no way can they afford to fund Latics on their own. Hopefully should any of those three entities proceed with making a bid for the club (fingers crossed), I hope they go public themselves so us as fans know exactly what/who is at the table.

Really think some have got mixed up on this, Warriors are not trying to buy us, Lenegan is trying to get a consortium together, Because he owns Warriors is immaterial, When Whelan owned Latics and he bought Pooles Pies did that make Latics the owner of Pooles Pies? Exactly the same situation here!

Really think some have got mixed up on this, Warriors are not trying to buy us, Lenegan is trying to get a consortium together, Because he owns Warriors is immaterial, When Whelan owned Latics and he bought Pooles Pies did that make Latics the owner of Pooles Pies? Exactly the same situation here!
Exactly.

Who on here has said anything about the lard arses buying us? FFS!

Who on here has said anything about the lard arses buying us? FFS!

Then the old feud raises its ugly head rugby town this rugby town that rugby now own the stadium

I agree with you Norm. They're not. It's (possibly) Leneghan & mates. Nonetheless, some (on here and certainly beyond) think that it does mean it's "them men" buying us.

Last edited:
Then the old feud raises its ugly head rugby town this rugby town that rugby now own the stadium

I agree with your Norm. They're not. It's (possibly) Leneghan & mates. Nonetheless, some (on here and certainly beyond) think that it does mean it's "them men" buying us.

We can do better than him, surely.
He dropped Oxford like a hot brick a few years ago, to become Chairman of the football league, that says it all for me.

Fair play to Oxford, looks like he hasn't been missed, hope they get promotion.

I've already had a united fan and a Liverpool fan send me this link.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...otball-neighbours-wigan-athletic-rugby-league

I pointed out to each that it's just (typically shoddy) journalistic spin for headline grabbing and that It's really just the bloke who owns WRL being interested in also buying WAFC.

I also pointed out that it would be equivalent of the Tampa Bay Buccanees owning United cos of the Glazers and the Red Sox owning Liverpool cos of the Fenway sports group.

That shut them up (temporarily I suspect)

These are company records Norm, they don't tell you what the guy himself is worth.

Companies use many devices to offset assets and profits to avoid paying excessive tax. Take them with a pinch of salt mate, there is only one statistic in there that is worth knowing and that is that he has been a Director of one company for over 29 years which shows loyalty.

there is only one statistic in there that is worth knowing and that is that he has been a Director of one company for over 29 years which shows loyalty.

And also that he's resigned from 17 companies and held 17 appointments at 17 dissolved companies.

Hardly Mr Reliable is he bro?