WARRIORS to the rescue | Page 2 | Vital Football

WARRIORS to the rescue

And also that he's resigned from 17 companies and held 17 appointments at 17 dissolved companies.

Hardly Mr Reliable is he bro?

Have you always worked for the same people? or have you changed jobs?

The guy is over 70 and has probably been associated with more than 1 company at a time so that is hardly a record of failure. A lot of that info will probably be associate positions were he is co-opted onto the board for a short period, such as the EFL and some club positions.
Maybe not Mr Reliable, probably Mr Experienced. Bro.

I remember having more or less the same conversation 12 months ago on here about the latest shower of shit that have dropped us right in it.
No i never expected it to turn out as bad as this, but for ffs a blind man on a galloping horse could see things were'nt tickety-boo from the outset.

Alot of the klumps are not too happy with Pollard at times and them lot will put up with owt so long as their winning.

On his own he as no bloody chance of buying us more than likely they are shit scared of us going bust all together. As the ground is way to big for one team. On its own. We have all lived Whelans dream and they were great times. But club size and fan base. Championship is about as high we will ever go. And we can’t realy compete at this level.
Because next season if we stop up will be awfull.

On his own he as no bloody chance of buying us more than likely they are shit scared of us going bust all together. As the ground is way to big for one team. On its own. We have all lived Whelans dream and they were great times. But club size and fan base. Championship is about as high we will ever go. And we can’t realy compete at this level.
Because next season if we stop up will be awfull.

John, he's not buying us on his own. He's trying to put a consortium together. Why be so pessimistic. We've been doing quite well competing at this level these last few games.

Let's see what happens.

Rugby scum owning Latics is a fate worse than death. Nothing more to say on this.

Given that Lenegan also owned Oxford, and was part of the EFL, whilst Gary Speakman (one of his consortium partners) is a massive Tics fan, I'm not sure that labelling them "rugby scum" is fair Pon.

Rugby scum owning Latics is a fate worse than death. Nothing more to say on this.
Bit unfair that Pon, Lenegan merely putting a consortium of businessmen together, the fact that he owns the rugby is irrelevant! He would just be part of a consortium, certainly wouldn't be in a position that some on here suspect!

So you'd prefer us to go bust and even more people lose their jobs than Ian Lennigan own us?

Specifically what has he personally done to make you say that?

That's not cutting off your nose to spite your face it's cutting your head off.

Only at Latics would could we be facing going bust and a potential saviour comes along and some fans go 'fuck off leave me here to die'. All because of something someone else unrelated to the new people did decades ago.

Clinging onto such resentment is like drinking poison and hoping your enemy will die normally, in this instance it seems deliberetly drinking a fatal amount of poison to commit suicide is the way some would have us go rather than take the oliver branch.

Be careful what you wish for - Lennigan may yet be the best and only offer by the time we get to the end of this, and if we reject him there may be no one else between us and being the next Bury.

Think whats pissed people of is the press wording especially sky sports
Wigan rugby to buy latics pissed me off more than anything
If reports had been lanegan to create a consortium of buisness men including himself and buisness men who are latics fans to save the club and be completely seperate from the minority sport that is wigan rugby
Would have sounded more appropriate
And i think lanegan should in a interview in the press and sky sports make this point absolutely clear
So we latics fans can accept this and move on

If reports had been lanegan to create a consortium of buisness men including himself and buisness men who are latics fans to save the club and be completely seperate from the minority sport that is wigan rugby
And i think lanegan should in a interview in the press and sky sports make this point absolutely clear
I can go with that Bicky. I think it may be something he does if his bid goes any further ......very early days yet.

So you'd prefer us to go bust and even more people lose their jobs than Ian Lennigan own us?

Specifically what has he personally done to make you say that?

That's not cutting off your nose to spite your face it's cutting your head off.

"Better to die on your feet than live on your knees."
-Emiliano Zapata

I'd rather join Bury and fight our way back up than let rugby filth anywhere near our club. Are we conveniently forgetting the Maurice Lindsay debacle? I'll support Latics at any level, however low, over knowing that even one penny of my money ends up with someone associated with the troglodytes. I wouldn't buy them oxygen to breathe, let alone support them, which I'd be tacitly doing if I spent money on Latics with them on our board.

-Emiliano Zapata
I'm with Emiliano - what a fantastic quote both in terms of being owned by the rugby completely rather than a consortium, in terms of our fight on the pitch, with the EFL and as a group of ticsfolk generally

-Emiliano Zapata
I'm with Emiliano - what a fantastic quote both in terms of being owned by the rugby completely rather than a consortium, in terms of our fight on the pitch, with the EFL and as a group of ticsfolk generally

Yeah, cos that quote really captures the nature of our circumstance. The whole point is that we're fighting to neither die, nor end up on our knees !

Hampton, it seems you still don't understand that we wouldn't be owned by "the rugby". It's OK though ........ we'll keep on explaining it to you ......... we know that some folk take longer to grasp things than others.
;)

Last edited:
Yeah, cos that quote really captures the nature of our circumstance. The whole point is that we're fighting to neither dies, nor end up on our knees !

Hampton, it seems you still don't understand that we wouldn't be owned by "the rugby". It's OK though ........ we'll keep on explaining it to you ......... we know that some folk take longer to grasp things than others.
;)
Au contraire Moonay - if you re-read my post you will note that whilst I am completely against a take over of Latics by the Clumps. Not so much concerned if it's a consortium with Lenigen involved.
So no need for your clarification ta 😉

Au contraire Moonay - if you re-read my post you will note that whilst I am completely against a take over of Latics by the Clumps. Not so much concerned if it's a consortium with Lenigen involved.
So no need for your clarification ta 😉
My apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning ........ though I've read it again, and (particularly given your support to Pon's quote......who is against the consortium's interest) it still reads as if you're against Lenegan's bid.

If that's not the case, (y)

PERSPECTIVE NEEDED.
Ian Linnigan (with maybe friends) could be buying us - NOT the rugby club which,to those who access the finances of the warriors - know they are a loss making business and in crude terms couldn't afford a pot to piss in. They're owe millions to Mr Linnigan..

I attended the first Warriors shareholders meeting with him in charge. He answered questions for over an hour - I was very impressed. Later, I was part of a group who spoke with him at length. I was impressedfurther by his straight talking, no BS, finance and business acumen He's nobody's fool and no stone jug. He's honest man, he's pragmatic and I would support him 100%. They only problem is, if he delves into the latics accounts and realises what is required.... financially. I would be surprised if he went though with it although perhaps he may buy just the stadium.

... financially. I would be surprised if he went though with it although perhaps he may buy just the stadium.

.....which, given Krasner's comments on Murray's programme last night won't put him anywhere near the front of the queue, as Krasner (ideally) wants someone who'll buy all 5 companies.

It started with the wep - that inflammatory headline didn’t help. They should have known better.

-Emiliano Zapata

I'd rather join Bury and fight our way back up than let rugby filth anywhere near our club. Are we conveniently forgetting the Maurice Lindsay debacle? I'll support Latics at any level, however low, over knowing that even one penny of my money ends up with someone associated with the troglodytes. I wouldn't buy them oxygen to breathe, let alone support them, which I'd be tacitly doing if I spent money on Latics with them on our board.

That's a bit over dramatic - the Maurice Lindsay debacle was literally in the late 80's / early 90's, we are talking 30-40 years ago - he hasn't been involved in the Rugby club since about 2008, 12 years ago. How relevent is any of that to today?

If you start a new job is it fair you get blamed for things your predessesor did before you were hired?

If a parent committed a crime should the children be punished for things they had no involvement in?

Do we still hate the German people for the actions of their country before they were even born?

Were Warriors 'living on their knees' when Whelan saved them and owned them before turning them over to the current ownership? If they had the attitude you are they wouldn't be here now, do you think any of them fans look back to the mid 90's and care about Whelan buying them when they have won any of their trophies over the years?

If you spend money on Latics you support Latics as there is very little money to be made in football outside the Prem. You stance isn't just cutting off your nose to spite your face you are cutting off the clubs nose too.