Villa Video Moments to put a Smile on Your Face...... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Villa Video Moments to put a Smile on Your Face......

Way before my time. 82 was the first time I stepped inside VP. Always thought of McParland as a striker or wide forward rather than a winger though. Never seen more than a few highlights of him though so I’m probably wrong with that
Biased as my mothers family were friends and neighbours of the Mcparlands back in Newry. How good was Supermac? Well,how about his selection for the all star 1958 World Cup Xl? Awesome is a much overused word but Peter was a real Villa legend. A final twist, Peter was a Villa fan as a boy.

Biased as my mothers family were friends and neighbours of the Mcparlands back in Newry. How good was Supermac? Well,how about his selection for the all star 1958 World Cup Xl? Awesome is a much overused word but Peter was a real Villa legend. A final twist, Peter was a Villa fan as a boy.
Whoops,Peter is and always will be a Villa legend.

What a game that was . As JPA said , pure carnage in the Holte.

27 years. Good lord !
Ok weve beaten Bayern and Barcelona in cup finals, won the league,FA cup and 5 league cups. But that Tranmere game was truly dramatic. Highs to low all game. Bozzie should have gone,their free kick and a post,Dalians late header. Penalty shootout, despair then elation. Heart survived and Wembley glory to follow. Bliss.

I know you're a young pup and didn't get to see the best winger Villa have had, I refer of course to Peter McParland.

He was a modern "winger" in the sense that he wandered all over the place. Defences hated him. And he was as tough as nails. If he went for goal it was a brave defender who got in his way. Strangely enough, I saw such a defender when we played Bristol Rovers in the old Second Division; he actually kept Peter quiet.

Way before my time. 82 was the first time I stepped inside VP. Always thought of McParland as a striker or wide forward rather than a winger though. Never seen more than a few highlights of him though so I’m probably wrong with that

He was in the vanguard of the modern striker we have today.
He could play left wing, right wing, inside forward or centre forward. Defenders hated being assigned to man mark him, as they could end up anywhere on the pitch.
I actually cried in 1962 when he joined Wolves, just as I did when Gerry Hitchens left for Inter.

Imagine the meltdown on here if Tyrone Mings had done what Allan Evans did here? 😂

Engrained deep in my memory this game is as the week before we had been beaten by Spurs and mass hysteria ensued and everyone in the country had written us off and virtually crowned Ipswich as champions elect.

In the programme Lord Ron predictably gave them short shrift and quoted from Confucius.

"When you hark to the voice of the knocker
and listen to his hammer fall
Remember the fact
That the knockers act
Requires no brains at all."

Brilliant.