Villa Video Moments to put a Smile on Your Face...... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Villa Video Moments to put a Smile on Your Face......

27 years to the day. This was the first time I had ever seen Villa play live, my Man Utd neighbour invited me over to watch as we didn't have ITV then. Funny that the first Villa game I ever saw turned out to be one the greatest, I thought it was going to be like this every week, lol

Tranmere....Jesus that brings back some memories. As folks know, my old man is a Bluenose, my Mum was more claret - but short of a game against Swindon that was televised, I'd never seen her more involved in a game - even down to calling Dalian a bertie big bollocks on the penalties for the way he gloated after scoring with Bozzie lol

I think that tie prepared me for life with women.

Was that really 27 years ago.

What have I done with my life?

It certainly wasn't the worst thing he done in a Villa shirt....

:whistle:

Back in my goalkeeper days I was Bozzie....he can do no wrong....apart from not kick straight.

I still remember playing schoolboy football and I totally shanked a goalkick -I shouted 'crap I've done a Bosnich' as it flew towards someone's window and I even had the oppo side giggling.

And then you did a Nazi salute?

No, I don't think any of them were Spurs fans. But granted, I could thrust my arm in that direction back then without getting cramp in my back and kick my legs that high without doing myself a mischief.

Personally I just think he was saying he was Superman myself. And nobody can guess when you need to stroke your nose.

I've seen a few clips of goals Walters scored for us and he looked a real player. All before my time but a question for those who saw him in the flesh, how good was he? I know he broke into the team at a pretty young age and went on to have a decent career at rangers and Liverpool but not much else about him.

Walters is up there with the best wingers I’ve seen at VP. Only behind Morley for me. He probably would have stayed longer but Doug was breaking the team up and we were in serious decline. Can’t blame him for wanting out after we were relegated

Walters is up there with the best wingers I’ve seen at VP. Only behind Morley for me. He probably would have stayed longer but Doug was breaking the team up and we were in serious decline. Can’t blame him for wanting out after we were relegated

Yes. Top player but his time at Villa was blighted by the turmoil caused by Ellis. Don't blame him for leaving when he did.

Played in the game when we won the European Super Cup as well and if we had kept all the experienced players and added talent like Walters and a few others we could have dominated for a good while.

Still Ellis knew better..........

I know you're a young pup and didn't get to see the best winger Villa have had, I refer of course to Peter McParland.

I know you're a young pup and didn't get to see the best winger Villa have had, I refer of course to Peter McParland.
A family friend who has been watching the Villa since the 40s says the same. Says he's the best player he has ever seen play for the club.

He scored 5 goals at the 1958 world cup as well.

Way before my time. 82 was the first time I stepped inside VP. Always thought of McParland as a striker or wide forward rather than a winger though. Never seen more than a few highlights of him though so I’m probably wrong with that