Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45 | Page 19 | Vital Football

Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45

Kodjia really is my favorite player. How we missed his goals last season. Glad he is fascinating

Late goals are always welcome, unbeaten with a few newbies still to come. It’s a marathon not a sprint and like it or not that’s another game we haven’t beaten Brentford in..... I’ll take the point when all looked lost

Absolutely robbed by the referee and linesman. Their first goal the winger was two yards offside as it was played to him. Second goal was scored by someone who should've been sent off for the stamp on McGinn in the first half. Two blatant penalties not given... We outplayed them for 80% of the match....

I'll take more positives out of that than negatives.

We didn't deserve to lose.

Absolutely.

Maupay had no business being on the pitch when he scored again. That was the best we have played for a very long time. So much better than I'd hoped for.

Proper game of football, shame about the ref involved (for both sides - he was shite, as per normal). That is how we should be playing, week in, week out.

Well, that point is welcome but we left a couple behind.
That will happen throughout the season. That is the minimum benchmark for performance now. That'll be good enough against most teams.

TBF if we had taken our early chances and not had Jedi at CB the result could have been 3 or 4 nil. Elmo played well for me tonight, Axel is not a RB.

Noses losing :lol:

I've looked at the comments on the Brentford forum. They breathed a sigh of relief when Adomah was taken off.

That has given me a great deal of confidence for the rest of the season. Better final ball and we would have won easily. The new players will provide that hopefully. The odd tweak needed at the back as well.

Our obvious weaknesses were there for all to see. But we played some fantastic football at times. Best I’ve seen them for a while, fast exciting stuff. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I’d like two up top; without Kodjia’s brilliance we’d have lost tonight. And that ain’t going to happen every game. Sort the defence out, though. And, could we please get another keeper please? Nyland seems like a decent shot-stopper, but clueless on everything else. But, despite dropping two points, I’m pretty optimistic for things as new people come in.

Got to say not a fan of Axel at right back we have enough right backs at the club with out playing a kid that fall's to sleep. and jedi scares the shit out of me every time the ball go's near him. Apart from that a much better performance

2 points off the top after 4 games. I'll take that.

Everybody was fearful about this game but we went out there with no fear; we played it the right way. Best performance so far this season; bring on Reading. On balance we should have won, but I'll take getting a goal in the final minute to draw!