Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45 | Page 20 | Vital Football

Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45

Got to say not a fan of Axel at right back we have enough right backs at the club with out playing a kid that fall's to sleep. and jedi scares the shit out of me every time the ball go's near him. Apart from that a much better performance
You can see Axel is not a natural RB. Move him to the central position, if he is good enough - gotta be better than Jedi.

The thing is Adohma played well bearing in mind he is a right foot player in the left. He also puts in a defensive shift.
Took him off and replaced with Green another right footed player on the left and we suddenly started making little mistakes. Green looking as if lacking a bit of confidence.
Have we no left footed wingers at the club.

I am of course celebrating.

But we dominated that game, we should have put it to bed a long time ago, but we allowed the opposition to work us out and we didnt react.
Poor tactically and defensively at times, a lot of work to be done, but none of the same issues are changing, and thats why it was bittersweet for me at the end.

I absolutely don't think SB should be removed as manager, that is not currently an option and barring a run of 10 losses it wont change until after xmas. I just personally think he is making some very poor decisions, that i feel most people would agree with - and its been the same weird decisions, and too-late subs/changes that have been around for soooooo long.

Really takes the shine off what was a fantastic game to watch with some huge positives, great skill, awful refereeing and shit-ass-pet-fucker-stampers not getting their punishment when it suits us.

I'm also mad at Alan. 4/10

Hate Brentford Hate high-vis jobsworths policing celebrations. Good game. Grealish needs to be shooting at goal or assisting a shot at goal when he beats a man and creates an opening like he does so well.These little passes he plays off to other people are doing nothing. If we had John Robertson coaching him like he coached Young then Grealish would have much more end product and we would be winning games like that. Hopefully the new signings can contribute in that regard.

Very good for 65 minutes then ran out of steam which is a worry.

Bruce has to sort out his defence by playing people in their natural positions and for God's sake bring in a big commanding centre-back because Jedinak is a complete liability in that position.

I can see it most of you can as well so you would think as a former and good centre-half himself, Bruce would have sorted this out.

Still more positives than negatives to take from the game and I do hope there is some form of a review panel to look at that dirty filthy stamp by the very player who scored when he should have been instantly dismissed and not on the pitch.

Great to see Kodgia getting back to his best. I was worried we wouldn’t see that kind of performance again. Really enjoyed that game, though our defence looked a bit kamikaze at times

Quicker than expected too. That is a huge positive.

McGinn is a bundle of energy and just what we needed in the middle.

The new lads should give us much more threat going forward.

Defence is by and large solid, but needs to be sorted. Giving away goals that are avoidable.

Lots of positives but why are the negatives always the same.

Bruce needs a rocket up his arse for again playing Jedi at CB.

Jack needs to shoot more often.

Overall another inept performance against a truly average side. You can either be delighted with a last minute equaliser or disappointed with the performance, for me, it’s the second.

I’m trying to be positive this season and get behind Bruce but something just isn’t clicking.

Brentford were shit. Slow, cumbersome back 4 who couldn’t pass. Poor in the middle but they have a couple of quick wingers and a nasty striker who could’ve been 3 or 4-1 up in the last 20 mins.

We have to be putting these sides to bed or we don’t stand a chance in the big time.

We didn’t play as a unit 2nd half. Mcguinniesta is pressing the striker, wins the ball from the midfielder but Kodjia, Elmo, Grealish or whoever is not backing him up winning the 2nd ball.

The positives were Jimmy gets two goals which boost his confidence, a bit to do on his fitness. Thought Nyland did well, make a few good saves and Mcguinn & Grealish both looked class.

The negatives for me outweigh the positives.

Adomah again - anonymous.

Jedi - a centre half should never be flat footed in their own box when the ball is bobbling about. In his defence he’s not a centre half, but it’s like he is on a protest.

Our central midfield - Whelan had a good game, but we don’t need a destroyer at home to Brentford. He needs to get up the pitch and man mark the midfielder. He needs to be in line with McGinn so that Grealish can push on. Too many times Grealish gets the ball and he’s looking at two Brentford midfielders, but we need him on the ball with those midfielders chasing his ankles. If Whelan isn’t comfortable with that due to his lack of pace and poor touch then we need a player who is. It kills us!

Green has no confidence, you can see he’s nervous and that was illustrated by two poor touches in as many seconds in a dangerous position. Best thing for him is a loan deal in the league below.

RHM - will never be a player in this league, next Stefan Moore. Look out for him at Halesowen town in a few years.

Thank god we have two new wingers on bird to freshen up our attack, that’s all I can say tonight to make me feel less frustrated.

Already McGinn has brought so much energy, skill and enthusiasm to the team I can now clearly see why the Hibs fans were so upset he left them.

Need to use his energy and get the unit doing the same. He can’t be pressing high and no other fucker supporting him or they get the ball, he’s out of position and then you can be outnumbered.

Quicker than expected too. That is a huge positive.

McGinn is a bundle of energy and just what we needed in the middle.

The new lads should give us much more threat going forward.

Defence is by and large solid, but needs to be sorted. Giving away goals that are avoidable.

By sorted SJH, I take it you mean the defence needs to have a leftback playing at leftback, not a rightback, a centreback playing at centreback, not a defensive midfielder and a rightback playing at rightback, not someone else's U23 reserve centreback.

New additions and sorting the defence out 1958-style, and I think this team is going places. Oh... and another striker ... and another keeper.

Overall another inept performance against a truly average side. You can either be delighted with a last minute equaliser or disappointed with the performance, for me, it’s the second.

I’m trying to be positive this season and get behind Bruce but something just isn’t clicking.

Brentford were shit. Slow, cumbersome back 4 who couldn’t pass. Poor in the middle but they have a couple of quick wingers and a nasty striker who could’ve been 3 or 4-1 up in the last 20 mins.

We have to be putting these sides to bed or we don’t stand a chance in the big time.

We didn’t play as a unit 2nd half. Mcguinniesta is pressing the striker, wins the ball from the midfielder but Kodjia, Elmo, Grealish or whoever is not backing him up winning the 2nd ball.

The positives were Jimmy gets two goals which boost his confidence, a bit to do on his fitness. Thought Nyland did well, make a few good saves and Mcguinn & Grealish both looked class.

The negatives for me outweigh the positives.

Adomah again - anonymous.

Jedi - a centre half should never be flat footed in their own box when the ball is bobbling about. In his defence he’s not a centre half, but it’s like he is on a protest.

Our central midfield - Whelan had a good game, but we don’t need a destroyer at home to Brentford. He needs to get up the pitch and man mark the midfielder. He needs to be in line with McGinn so that Grealish can push on. Too many times Grealish gets the ball and he’s looking at two Brentford midfielders, but we need him on the ball with those midfielders chasing his ankles. If Whelan isn’t comfortable with that due to his lack of pace and poor touch then we need a player who is. It kills us!

Green has no confidence, you can see he’s nervous and that was illustrated by two poor touches in as many seconds in a dangerous position. Best thing for him is a loan deal in the league below.

RHM - will never be a player in this league, next Stefan Moore. Look out for him at Halesowen town in a few years.

Thank god we have two new wingers on bird to freshen up our attack, that’s all I can say tonight to make me feel less frustrated.

Normally agree with you Dan but on this occasion...

Great point, in the end, just walking down the steps again and we score in the last seconds yet again, I must start to leave earlier so we have time for a winner on Saturday.
Could have lost it but we came back at the end.

Our defence is so slow and clumsy
Both goals Axel all over the place and people want him at CB, I'm with Bruce on this one except he'd be on the bench, not RB.

Probably the best we've played this season, Brentford are a well-drilled team with the emphasis on team.
I'm still wondering what Dean Smith could do with our players.

Talking to a Brentford fan before the game and he said the fans don't really like Smith they had a better relationship with Warburton.
They think Smith is using them until he finds a better club, probably us

Normally agree with you Dan but on this occasion...

Probably my frustration, but I keep expecting us to outplay teams in this league and I just don’t see it. Not in a tikka takka way just in a way that we look like out scoring the opposition.

The bit that sticks in my head at the moment is Nylands save which could’ve gone anywhere and then they’ve won the game 3-1