Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 84 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

Had a guy at work (non Villa fan) commenting on how good McGinn was - and it wasn’t even a paricularly good game for him which just shows how high his standard is.

The scenes at the end were mental but it was fantastic to see an entire united force who was the big guy with the beard lol.

PMSL - no idea, but I spotted him as well and thought he was giving Mile and Mellberg a run for Beard of the Year!

Well well that was a surprise to come home to. Derby in the final. I suppose this should be for the finals thread. Best go and find it before I end up on the naughty step again

Plenty I could have commented on the past 2 games. Some aspects mentioned here that I agree with and others I don't, all part of the forum culture I guess.

One thing that has been missed though is the way we got to such a strong set of penalty takers. For example, Kodjia wasn't in the 5 despite rattling one in the top corner against Rotherham not that long back. Then there was still McGinn, Mings, Davis & Taylor (I think though Mings was the one omitted to match up against their 10 though). That's some depth!

Lighten up melon. I have seen (along with many others) plenty of villa Wembley wins. Fa cup, man u, Bolton, Liverpool. League cup, Norwich,man u,and Leeds. A draw with Everton which was a victory in the second replay. Even a draw with spurs in the charity shield. Paradoxically,a league cup defeat to spurs was a magnificent confirmation that Aston Villa were on the way back to our rightful place among football's elite. A decade or so later,we were to triumph against Bayern and Barcelona in European cup finals. What a crazy football club we are. I believe that the journey back to those glorious heights is underway. It may not be this season but we can now build firm foundations. We old codgers still see the lions as a special club

Don't know if you read all of my posts about Wembley but I was talking about new Wembley .

Shit hole or not the old place was special. This thing isn't.

The scenes at the end were mental but it was fantastic to see an entire united force who was the big guy with the beard lol.
I have it on good authority that he is Doris' son that came about when she asked Olof what he would like with his tea.
Having grown up at Bodymoor Heath, he is employed as official taster in the canteen to ensure that the players don't eat anything nasty. From the picture, it looks like they don't get to eat anything as the testing that is carried out is very thorough.

The crossing last night was abysmal
To be fair I don't recall any crosses from the right, particularly when AA was on. Neither Green or Adomah seem to have the ability or confidence to take on a defender, in fact any opposition left backs must have one of their easiest games of the season. To me this a real decision for Dean Smith in the final, play one of these or an alternative or change the system and only have one out and out winger in El Ghazi.

To be fair I don't recall any crosses from the right, particularly when AA was on. Neither Green or Adomah seem to have the ability or confidence to take on a defender, in fact any opposition left backs must have one of their easiest games of the season. To me this a real decision for Dean Smith in the final, play one of these or an alternative or change the system and only have one out and out winger in El Ghazi.
Invoking the spirit of 1980-82 with that suggestion. :clap: Tony Morley on the left and Des Bremner on the right. Des was a workhorse but not a true winger - but who do we currently have that could fill that role? :unsure::unsure:

I don't think we crossed the ball against the baggies on the instructions of our leader.
We never even crossed corners due to Tammy being the only player in the box marked by 3 centre backs .
Derby will go for the win and will not set up not to lose like Albion.

Team is already picked it's either Alberto or Green, Hourihane or Whelan to start then coming off after an hour and swapping .
Bit predictable to be honest