Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

Praying to god we play 1st leg at Villa Park on the Saturday, 2nd leg away on the Wednesday.

Thats because I go on holiday on the Tuesday, and fly at 7pm so would not know the score.

I can get a flight for the Wed. for £30 if we manage to get 4th and play at home on the Tuesday, or, if I need to watch it , but the Thursday onwards is ni-on 200 quid.

Can't see us catching Albion now anyway, it would be hard anyway, but with Norwich and Leeds ?

Just can't imagine that flight knowing the Villa are playing such an important match and I can't even get the score. I think if we did play Tuesday,

Wonder why championship play off finals have been moved back to the Bank Holiday Monday. I quote liked it being Saturday last year.

It was only swapped last year so Championship players could team up with their World Cup squads on the Monday.

Firstly let's get in the play offs, secondly let's then win over two legs, thirdly let's win the final. I don't care who plays who or when.

Not fussed if we finish 5th or 6th (or maybe outside chance of 4th) as long as we are in the play offs. Anything could happen but we wouldn’t need to fear anyone even though we would have to be at the top of our game. Us fans are seriously deserving of a good Wembley performance after the last 2 visits. I have just booked a hotel for the Sunday night. Hoping I will be able to take up that booking. UTV

This could be our year, but don't be disappointed if we fall at the last fence, just blame it on those who thought it was a good idea to stick with Mr promotion at the start of the season. because that would have been our only mistake.

Last edited:
Do we know for certain if 'Championship A' is 3rd v 6th?

Apparently not. They decide after the places are finalised? 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th could be either A and B anyway round. I doubt the Villa v WBA will be the 5.15 KO after what happened in the FA cup a few years ago? I hope im wrong though.

Apparently not. They decide after the places are finalised? 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th could be either A and B anyway round. I doubt the Villa v WBA will be the 5.15 KO after what happened in the FA cup a few years ago? I hope im wrong though.
According to Wiki its set in stone with3rdv 6th and 4th v 5th. But I wouldnt argue because I dont know for defenite.

I’ve only seen us there three times, 100% record in 75, 94 and 96.

If you all want to have a whip around for my ticket in May I’ll shamelessly accept without even feigning embarrassment.

I was talking about the new Wembley. Funny actually, i don't associate the new with the old. This new one is so far removed from the old one that it bears no comparison in my mind.
I was against rebuilding it anyway but that's not for here.