Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 83 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

Last night was the longest 90 minutes I’ve watched in a long time, it felt like watching an England game watching a side on paper who should be better but struggling to get on the ball and beat a team in what felt like nail biting slow motion stuff.

But it’s all in the past, I don’t care who we play as we can beat both Leeds and Derby. A few players didn’t show up yesterday, I think the selection proved slightly wrong with Green starting in hindsight (I admit to touting it on here too), but it’ll come together at Wembley.

:utv::utv::utv:

Last edited:
I know Tammy didnt play well, but it aint half hard when he has 9 defenders round him !

As for final. If we play like that, we could win 4 0, or we could play unbelievable and lose. Last year proved - the other 48 games dont matter, its who freezes, and who takes the half chance.

Dont know about you lot but it was the most nervous I have ever been last night, and I think a lot of it was down to the fact we were away.

I can only think of two semis we were away 2nd leg in my life, Arsenal 96 and Oxford 86, and, I was there for both.

I know its sad, but when you are there, you ridiculously think you can influence it. Listening to a Talksport commentary in the middle of nowhere in Spain was utter torture, and I dont want to ever do that again.

I felt physically sick, had to pull over, it was unbearable.

But its over, and I can now influence the final !

I undesrtand Gator but that 433 was a terrible system for us against a 3 at the back system, so I think we should probably go 352 with Taylor dropping and Hause put in as one of the 3 cb's.

I don't like Wembley .
Lighten up melon. I have seen (along with many others) plenty of villa Wembley wins. Fa cup, man u, Bolton, Liverpool. League cup, Norwich,man u,and Leeds. A draw with Everton which was a victory in the second replay. Even a draw with spurs in the charity shield. Paradoxically,a league cup defeat to spurs was a magnificent confirmation that Aston Villa were on the way back to our rightful place among football's elite. A decade or so later,we were to triumph against Bayern and Barcelona in European cup finals. What a crazy football club we are. I believe that the journey back to those glorious heights is underway. It may not be this season but we can now build firm foundations. We old codgers still see the lions as a special club

I undesrtand Gator but that 433 was a terrible system for us against a 3 at the back system, so I think we should probably go 352 with Taylor dropping and Hause put in as one of the 3 cb's.
Yeah but they were very well organised indeed and they ran through walls last night and when we did threaten to break through they took our legs away Leeds or Derby will be a totally different game.