Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 42 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

This is correct, I remember singing it in the seats Leicester whilst five nil down One early Saturday morning kickoff in the mid 80s. The Manx latched onto it about six months later This is FACT
Thought so :thumbup:

Reactions: OVB
I don't know what to think about the second game but I do think they'll score it'll just be interesting to see their overall gameplan. I have my doubts about them being able to score twice without the help of the officials.

Will they come out all guns blazing for an early goal or play a measured game? Will they score and sit back and try hit us on the break.

We're in a fantastic position I don't think the coach has enough experience to know what to do with them or know what to do if they do get an early goal they are fairly limited but still dangerous. We don't deserve to be in the EPL if we can't put these to bed.

That's why I'd play Hause not Taylor , twice they caught us with free kicks targeting Taylor. Once in each half , first time Steer came and missed the ball and taylor failed to get it away and second half they did it again luckily they fecked it up too but I hope Dean has noted it
I think Taylor has been playing well recently and has done his part in our good run of form. That said I’d be tempted to play Hause instead as he’s a bit bigger and stronger in the air which could help defending set peices or aerial bombardments into the box

I don't know what to think about the second game but I do think they'll score it'll just be interesting to see their overall gameplan. I have my doubts about them being able to score twice without the help of the officials.

Will they come out all guns blazing for an early goal or play a measured game? Will they score and sit back and try hit us on the break.

We're in a fantastic position I don't think the coach has enough experience to know what to do with them or know what to do if they do get an early goal they are fairly limited but still dangerous. We don't deserve to be in the EPL if we can't put these to bed.
From what I can tell, Hal Robson-Kanu (with his goal threat :rofl:) and now Gayle suspended, they only have Rodriguez, so they are going to have to change their formation for a start which should give problems of their own.

They'll sit back for me and still try and hit on the counter, Shan has been more defensive than Moore for a start from what I can tell - and the daft thing is his record was no different in reality from Moore - but their Chinese owner shit the brick on lack of automatic promotion and money and panicked.

Christ, at least Xia let Di Matteo spend, their best players are in on loan (and Harvey Barnes left in January lol).

Agree. They haven't even got a permanent manager ffs.

In the bag no, I'm with you there Melon, but life has got significantly more difficult for them and I'm not sure Shan has the know-how. But he does have the experience of Steven Reid and Michael Appleton around him - but Rodriguez is hot and cold, if he's cold, I'm not sure where their threat comes from.

Great turnaround after the poor start. If only Hourihane could tackle, but what a wonderful strike when we very much needed it most. The boggies dont have much to worry us with and if they try to come out of their defensive shield we will eat them for breakfast with jam.

Alot was and is being made about Gayle being out and the effect it will have. I wish football was that straight forward in this case. It isn't and it's dangerous to suggest that it's in the bag.
Hallelujah!! a voice of reason - way too much complacency on this thread since yesterday. Just because Gayle is out means nothing in a game like this. Folks are forgetting the fact that the Scousers beat Barcelona 4-0 without Salah and Firmino, or Tottenham beat Ajax 3-2 without Kane.... I just hope this mentality that the game is won already hasn’t manifested in our players, because we’re in the :poop: if it has....

Just could not see us scoring until that Hourihane strike, i thought a lot of the players just could not raise their bodies to match the occasion.

It looked like they were maybe just too pumped up and went into their shells when the game was not going the way they wanted, especially Mings and McGinn.

I do think we will just about do it, maybe a draw tomorrow.

I do not understand the Albion and Blues fans claiming poor decisions by the officials, i thought the ref had a great game and he gave Gayle quite a few chances and Johansen got away with a ridiculous amount.

Not sure why Gibbs was not booked when he gave a pen away, that would have been second yellow.

Whenever we give a pen away we seem to get booked for it.