Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 41 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

I'm looking forward to starting the Wembley match thread.

But need to despatch this lot first.

Getting excited for Tuesday night.

I think Gayle missing is bigger than another goal at VP but we will see.

My obs from the first legs so far are

We are far better than Albion, but Albion are organised and it is not in the bag yet.

Leeds are far better than Derby, but I think any of the three, and you can throw in Bristol City, Boro and one or two others, are probably better than Derby, so it is hard to judge Leeds

Betting people would say VIlla v Leeds final, but lets wait and see

I was a bit concerned how many aerial duels we lost, I've not seen Mings lose headers before . Also seOur set pieces have to be far better, what was with all those short corners on Saturday? Tuesday they have to be more offensive which should suit us, an open midfield with jack and McGinn suits us better aswell as El Ghazi who now looks the real deal.

I think Gayle missing is bigger than another goal at VP but we will see.

My obs from the first legs so far are

We are far better than Albion, but Albion are organised and it is not in the bag yet.

Leeds are far better than Derby, but I think any of the three, and you can throw in Bristol City, Boro and one or two others, are probably better than Derby, so it is hard to judge Leeds

Betting people would say VIlla v Leeds final, but lets wait and see

They were negatively well drilled/organised. It was so hard to break through the five at the back and the four close to the back five. No doubt.

But surely this time they have no choice but to go forward and hopefully that will play into our hands

As you say, it's not over yet, they aren't where they are in the league by fluke and we cannot (and I'm sure under Smith will not) take them lightly.

Don't think we ever take any team lightly we just don't let teams dominate us any more and if it turns into an end to end game there will only be one winner.

I was a bit concerned how many aerial duels we lost, I've not seen Mings lose headers before . Also seOur set pieces have to be far better, what was with all those short corners on Saturday? Tuesday they have to be more offensive which should suit us, an open midfield with jack and McGinn suits us better aswell as El Ghazi who now looks the real deal.

That's why I'd play Hause not Taylor , twice they caught us with free kicks targeting Taylor. Once in each half , first time Steer came and missed the ball and taylor failed to get it away and second half they did it again luckily they fecked it up too but I hope Dean has noted it

Actually think they will play a typical Bruce game keep it tight don't over commit and hopefully nick one then try to hang out for pens.

I think half of the concern is the fact they scored. I'm still quite nervous for Tuesday. But take away OUR mistake, and we win 2 nil and their only chance on target was a Rodriguez shot in the first 5 mins.

With no Gayle, I'd happily have them play the same way again. We'll find a way through.

Could be a high scoring game on Tuesday.
Is it the same set of officials ?

I can see them trying to cheat their way to win, diving

I told you about El Ghazi.

I thank you. :tophat:

Now theres one was it us or Man U to sing it first United claimed but I think they stole it.:LOL:
This is correct, I remember singing it in the seats Leicester whilst five nil down One early Saturday morning kickoff in the mid 80s. The Manx latched onto it about six months later This is FACT