Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 43 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

This won't be easy.

They've won their last 5 home games on the spin, so to think we can just turn up and roll them over coz Gayle is out might be under estimating them a little.

I'd happily park the bus and take a 0-0.

With Adomah and Green both being so shit I'd be tempted to play Hutton at RB and Elmo on the wing to offer us more solidity at the back when we're not in possession, effectively giving us a back 5 when they have the ball.

This won't be easy.

They've won their last 5 home games on the spin, so to think we can just turn up and roll them over coz Gayle is out might be under estimating them a little.

With Adomah and Green both being so shit I'd be tempted to play Hutton at RB and Elmo on the wing to offer us more solidity at the back when we're not in possession, effectively giving us a back 5 when they have the ball.

Is that you Brucie ?

This won't be easy.

Alternatively Kodjia on the left, El Ghazi on the right?

We can see games out without having to park the bus , Blackburn , Bristol City and Millwall being cases in point. Deano won't change our style of play now , but the onus in on Albion and their approach. What was clear on Saturday is that having conceded so much possession to us and spent a lot of energy they tired after 70 mins and we really came into the game properly then. So if they decide to play the same way and hope to nick a goal from a set piece then we have to be patient , make the right subs again and when their legs start going make sure we capitalise.

I can't see us as being a team who could park the bus.

Last point from me on the song is that when other teams move on from it to other songs, we should carry on and adopt it as our anthem.
Mind you the words will need to change when we conquer Europe again.

That's just it about us now sirden we can match anyone in an open game in fact that's the first thing Dean Smith introduced open front foot football but losing Jack and super john burning himself out for a while we just didn't know how to grind results out.But now we have learned how to keep plugging away until something opens up we don't panic anymore like we did back in the bad old days of Lambert so either they play it we have the answers now.

They may only have 1 centre-forward available but as much as we despise the "hand of rod incident" and the man himself, nevertheless Rodriguez has scored 22 goals this season (well 21 really) and he like the rest of the Bitters will be well wound up for this.

What we do have in our favour is with Gayle missing then they will have to tactically re-adjust to playing Rodriguez leading the line and can they quickly adjust? - They are professional footballers so I can't see why not.

I fully expect them to be looking for a goal from free kicks, corners, etc and normally I would play Hause instead of Taylor to help combat that threat but the big concern is his lack of match play and fitness.

Also, Adomah's form is dreadful, he can't take on and beat a man anymore and so much of our play tends to breaks down with him so personally, I'd start with Green who would give Gibbs more to think about?

Whatever happens, it's going to be a tough old night and not one for the faint-hearted.

Maybe park the bus was a little OTT but I don't think it would hurt to make us as difficult as possible to score against.

And lets face it, we'd not be losing anything by not playing Adomah or Green,

Maybe park the bus was a little OTT but I don't think it would hurt to make us as difficult as possible to score against.

I agree Deano. Adomah was awful Saturday and has been poor for ages. Green is either not ready or just not good enough. I would have played kodjia Saturday and would play him tomorrow .

In theory we do not play our best 11, due to the rigid selection policy.

Hourihane should start over Adomah or Green but no-one else can play wide as the Managers sees it, and we will not change our system.

Strange one, but we have only lost 1 in 14 haven`t we, winning 11 so........ can`t grumble!

But we are difficult to score against anyway. 9 conceded in 13 games since our run started and 2 of those were against Norwich.

The story about Grealish being potentially banned is still hanging around
Theres only the sun running a story on it and even they are saying nothing will come of it.Just sad baggy fans desperate for a crumb of hope.The Express & Star would be all over this if there was any chance at all.Technically it was a foul he didn't touch the ball and contact was made there was absolutely no reaction from Gibbs other than shaking his head knowing what he had done.