Villa Park | Page 81 | Vital Football

Villa Park

IMO it comes down to whether the owners got cold feet about the north stand due to costs - or Chris Heck pulled it ...maybe to increase profitability rather than increasing revenue in the longer term

Whatever Heck did, it's bullshit, you have to speculate to accumulate, I knew once they canned the Villa Live which would have been ground breaking it was a case of cold feet. Are we a big Fcuking club or do we just want to flirt. This is the question!

Just to add, I was at the game yesterday, I cannot go to many games these days because of work but, I wanted to analyse the affect on my travel plan with a full house again expected. So I like a beer, first decision, no car. Option from sunny Bromsgrove. The train. Ticket price £9.20 return. 12.03 on time, off to Aston direct although I had the option to jump out at New Street station, I went to Aston with my friends who got on at Longbridge. Arrived at Aston within 40 mins, not bad. Paid £5 to get into the Aston Tavern, that get you entry before and after the game plus a bowl of rice and chilli. Now for a pre drink and some serious chat about the game, 4 pints of the black stuff put me totally at ease at a cost of £22. Time for the match 2.40, short walk to the Holte End, no hassle getting through security, quick pee and into my seats row S, Great view, infact fabulous view, timing was perfect, got my seats to hear Ozzy 'All aboard" and the pyrotechnics, Flags waving and looking around, not a spare seat in the church. Not going to report on the game as we have a thread for that but have to say it was a very easy / nervy win of sorts. At half time and looking around the ground, that North stand offers nothing, it looks crap and obviously the massive gaps either side of the goal posts are a waste of space and cannot help thinking, well at least fill them in if Heck does not want a new stand....Okay, this is it, getting home, this is what Heck says and others say, is hassle, traffic, congestion etc. Well my option that day was the train, had I wanted to go straight away, I would be in a queue a mile long, done that so many times, no let's go back to the Tavern have another beer and watch the Rugby for an hour. Okay, sup up, 6.30 let's get the train back to Bromsgrove. Short walk to the station 5 mins wait and on to an empty train and seats together. 40 mins later I'm back in Bromsgrove, Mrs picked me up and home having a nice warm curry within the hour. So my point is, a completely hassle free day, public transport was great, whole Experience was a planned 7 hours, if you are going to a big event you should plan and you will not get cought out. A great day and a Win, where was the problem we had 43k down there, another 7k would not make a difference! Who needs an extended station first, utter shit, an excuse. My advice to people is to plan, use the train if possible and don't expect to get home straight away oh and do not leave the game early! Heck is using this to justify a ground move I'm sure?

Actually caught the train for a change yesterday as I had zero plans before or after the game, caught train from Kings Norton around 1.50 I think (Paid for a new street return rather than Aston as I had enough change for that, no one checks anyway) and was at Aston around half hour later which gave me enough time for a coffee at Aston Hall before the game. Left the game when it felt like it was petering out a bit at the end as it went into stoppage time, got to Aston station and straight up the stairs no queueing and straight onto a train fortunately enough so I was home pretty quickly. Got off at Bournville (Live pretty much between the two stations) and walked home, think I was home around 5.40 quicker than the car. The train is great when it works.

Last edited:
Nice one, worked out for you as well. With the trains having plenty of room and very frequent, more people should, get the train...ps I had my ticket checked but sometimes they don't bother, not worth the fine though.

Anyone wanting a soulless bowl new stadium presumably haven’t been to the London Stadium.You need to go there to experience how truly bad it is. I’m not exaggerating. It’s truly awful.

Spuds is marginally better but still crap. Mark my words it may be shiny and new but believe me the club atmosphere would die never to return.

Careful what you wish for.

Anyone wanting a soulless bowl new stadium presumably haven’t been to the London Stadium.You need to go there to experience how truly bad it is. I’m not exaggerating. It’s truly awful.

Spuds is marginally better but still crap. Mark my words it may be shiny and new but believe me the club atmosphere would die never to return.

Careful what you wish for.
You can add Wembley to that all that money spent and it takes all of HT to get to the toilets and back. £100 tickets.
They want a bigger ground so on the off chance they fancy going to a game there will be the pick of several empty seats

You can add Wembley to that all that money spent and it takes all of HT to get to the toilets and back. £100 tickets.
They want a bigger ground so on the off chance they fancy going to a game there will be the pick of several empty seats
Wembley is miles better than the London stadium trust me. You can't even hear the fans in the lower tier such is the gap and I've been to a few dumps like QPR and Crystal Palace but I would rather go there than West Ham's place any day.

Last edited:
Wembley is miles better than the London stadium trust me. You can't even hear the fans in the lower tier such is the gap and I've been to a few dumps like QPR and Crystal Palace but I would rather go there than West Ham's place any day.

Cracking stadium for athletics. Went there for the world championships a few years ago.

Bloody awful stadium for football.

The" home of football " and it's in some shithole industrial estate in London.
And they try and compare it to the old one trotting out cliche after cliche. The old may have been tired and falling down but it had that aura. They had the opportunity to go away from that dense area of housing and industrial estates. Hate the place , its crap.