Villa Park | Vital Football

Villa Park

C&BArmy

Vital Youth Team
Back in the UK with my son for 10 days from next weekend. We'll visit VP and the store but also wanted to surprise him with a VP tour. Does anyone know how to book these tours and also if they are available only on set days etc. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.....

Allegedly is going to be cladded and spruced up, some one on twatter has eluded to, anyone seen it?

Yes, was there the other day looking at seat options and they were powerwashing at the top. Purslow did mention maybe cladding it. They are also doing a new reception and other such fun things.

Yes, was there the other day looking at seat options and they were powerwashing at the top. Purslow did mention maybe cladding it. They are also doing a new reception and other such fun things.

Like I said in another thread, Birmingham New Street was pretty much just clad with the shiny exterior and the inside gutted out. Don’t need to do much to make it look better, until they decide to expand it’ll do. I don’t really want us to fill in the corners anyway, I like the 4 unique and separate stands we have.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread, Birmingham New Street was pretty much just clad with the shiny exterior and the inside gutted out. Don’t need to do much to make it look better, until they decide to expand it’ll do. I don’t really want us to fill in the corners anyway, I like the 4 unique and separate stands we have.

Agreed. I know when Randy was looking at re-developing he was keen not to fill in the sides, also there was the consideration of how it would effect the pitch. Not sure, with all the new technologies turf/plastic etc wise if that still stands or not.

I think it was DE who first said that filling in the corners would be detrimental to the state of the pitch.
These days it wouldn't make any difference. It's an easy way to increase the capacity.

Bloody hell, didnt think I had that much power.

I said in the FSG thread that as a temporary fix, they should clad it in mirror tiles or something.

Do I get commision

Why would the club clad the exterior? Complete nonsense. No one cares when they are inside.

If any money is to be spent on the North Stand, it will be when they demolish it and build something bigger (and better).

Why would the club clad the exterior? Complete nonsense. No one cares when they are inside.

If any money is to be spent on the North Stand, it will be when they demolish it and build something bigger (and better).

Disagree bud. Until we’re in a position to rip it down and rebuild it, why on earth wouldn’t we tart it up a bit? It’s an embarrassing eyesore at the moment. These owners are considerably wealthier than yow and me, so why the hell not? ?

Its nothing to do with the exterior, although it looks awful. Its the seating and underneath the stand that is the problem. Only ever been in it twice, once many years ago, for the Villa Arsenal League Cup semi-final and once last season. It was worse than I remember. I am only 5ft 6 and slightframe and I find the seating and leg room " tight" so it must be very uncomfortable for a person of a larger size.
Beneath the stand its claustrophobic and very poor facilities, that said I have friends who choose to have their season tickets in this stand. Each to his own I suppose.