Villa Park | Page 80 | Vital Football

Villa Park

With respect what the flip are you going on about?

Your post basically says we are getting left behind by a club going into the championship with a new stadium .

We aren't going to the championship or getting a new stadium.
Getting left behind by the big 6, you have to move with the times. Everton will fill that ground no matter what devision they are in. City, New stadia, Arsenal new Stadia, Utd moving ground, spurs new stadia, Liverpool new stand. If we really want to be taken as a big club who are playing CL, 40,000 is not going to do it. The plans were there, the fans excited, that shit hole north stand was to be demolished, a state of the Villa Live canned. Do you not see it? We are the 2nd city with a population of 1.5 million, we deserve a stadium fitting of a top club.

Getting left behind by the big 6, you have to move with the times. Everton will fill that ground no matter what devision they are in. City, New stadia, Arsenal new Stadia, Utd moving ground, spurs new stadia, Liverpool new stand. If we really want to be taken as a big club who are playing CL, 40,000 is not going to do it. The plans were there, the fans excited, that shit hole north stand was to be demolished, a state of the Villa Live canned. Do you not see it? We are the 2nd city with a population of 1.5 million, we deserve a stadium fitting of a top club.

Arsenal. No league or titles since moving. Spurs no trophies at all since moving. Liverpool same stadium ( why you included them in the conversation , they haven’t moved) . Everton won’t be winning anything and nothing at all concrete in United moving, utter paper talk that you have fallen for there .

barmy innit - spurs all those trophies til they moved to the new ground - erm ok
man city toiling for success in their new ground - doesn't really hold much as an argument.

Once we were one of the big clubs with a ground to match as one of the biggest and best in the league - now we're not and with no plans at all to improve - apart from some imaginery new seats.
The rules are all bent towards revenue - you can't really compete with an old small ground when the opposition are 50-100% bigger for every game.
Surprising really how happy some seem to be to lag so far behind.
Suppose they'll just ramp pricing to make up for lack of seats

I think seat and season ticket revenue is a pretty small percentage of overall turnover. However I don't have the figures to hand. I would think CL qualification etc would have a lot bigger effect in sponsorship terms etc.

The other thing is Man City are sponsored by a very rich country. They got to elite status by abusing the sponsorship rules etc. Now closed to everyone else due to said abuse. If there is any justice they will pay the price for this. Don't hold your breath waiting mind.

The other thing is Man City are sponsored by a very rich country. They got to elite status by abusing the sponsorship rules etc. Now closed to everyone else due to said abuse. If there is any justice they will pay the price for this. Don't hold your breath waiting mind.
they invested in the team and the infrastructure.
53K average in the 'emptihad' vs our 41k. (and they are increasing their capacity)
we're ~ 8th on attendances atm but will drop behind Everton.
Even Leeds have plans to go to 55k if promoted (and Sunderland already have a higher capacity) - doesn't seem much off field ambition really

they invested in the team and the infrastructure.
53K average in the 'emptihad' vs our 41k. (and they are increasing their capacity)
we're ~ 8th on attendances atm but will drop behind Everton.
Even Leeds have plans to go to 55k if promoted (and Sunderland already have a higher capacity) - doesn't seem much off field ambition really
They abused the rules that much they currently have 115 charges against them. They are owned by an absolutely despicable regime. Not for me thanks.

Surprising how many of our fans get so caught up about if , buts and maybes around other clubs supposed ground plans. All of a sudden Leeds are in the conversation about AVFC, Villa Park and a new ground :surrender:.

Oh and one ground being expanded on the same site conveniently being missed frequently in Anfield.

But, but, but other clubs have a shiny new Lego toy I want one too.

Yup. And they were basically given the Etihad as well after the Commonwealth Games.

So I take it most of you are happy with the decision not to invest in our club? I'm not compairing clubs, I just stating the timing and when to make our move, it seems like we got cold feet or at least Chris Heck did, all this talk of breaking through....oh well, it was good while it lasted!

Yeah. We've had no investment in the club have we.

:slap:.

Guess it's what individual fans want. Shiny new lego stadium to look at or a winning and competitive team first .

Spurs and The Goons will tell you that their stadiums have been millstones around their necks from which they have yet to get over. As evidenced by their lack of success in the league and Europe. But at least their beer glasses fill from the bottom though and they host NFL and everything!. Yee hah!, How thrilling.

Didn't Chelsea win leagues and euro cups investing in the team and keeping their stadium below 45,000.
Oh ....

Last edited:
Well, I've got my seat and had it for 20 years now, quite happy with Villa Park and it seems to be a favourite ground for away fans. Traditional stadium was revamped by Randy Lerner in the traditional style.
I think making the ground bigger will happen once the club are established in the top 4/6. The owners need to know they can sell it out for every game and currently, it's not happening. Villa fans are notoriously fickle hence a stand having to be close when we went down, and they deserted in their droves. All the fuss over Europe and we still don't sell out. Blame what you want but you can't blame the owners for doing the figures. When we see touts outside selling tickets you'll know it's sold out.

Yeah. We've had no investment in the club have we.

:slap:.

Guess it's what individual fans want. Shiny new lego stadium to look at or a winning and competitive team first .

Spurs and The Goons will tell you that their stadiums have been millstones around their necks from which they have yet to get over. As evidenced by their lack of success in the league and Europe. But at least their beer glasses fill from the bottom though and they host NFL and everything!. Yee hah!, How thrilling.

Didn't Chelsea win leagues and euro cups investing in the team and keeping their stadium below 45,000.
Oh ....
Chelsea invested heavily in their stadium plus they are looking at a new stadium or rebuild, not sure why people are so defensive, every time I sit in the Holte End, I just see gaping holes either side of the goal post North Stand. Maybe fill the corners in?

Well, I've got my seat and had it for 20 years now, quite happy with Villa Park and it seems to be a favourite ground for away fans. Traditional stadium was revamped by Randy Lerner in the traditional style.
I think making the ground bigger will happen once the club are established in the top 4/6. The owners need to know they can sell it out for every game and currently, it's not happening. Villa fans are notoriously fickle hence a stand having to be close when we went down, and they deserted in their droves. All the fuss over Europe and we still don't sell out. Blame what you want but you can't blame the owners for doing the figures. When we see touts outside selling tickets you'll know it's sold out.
Villan, We sell out against the likes of Watford, Burnley and Luton.How big a group do you think we need against teams such as Liverpool, Man C , Man U, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Wolves? Add Midlands derbies such as Forest and our dear neighbours in Small Heath and Sandwell.

Villan, We sell out against the likes of Watford, Burnley and Luton.How big a group do you think we need against teams such as Liverpool, Man C , Man U, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Wolves? Add Midlands derbies such as Forest and our dear neighbours in Small Heath and Sandwell.
Mate, you aren't listening to the club, we don't sell out, we nearly sell out but we don't. That's why they aren't doing the ground. We haven't sold European games out yet despite all the hype.

I want Villa Park to continue to have 4 separate stands, not a bowl, keep it unique.

Not bothered about the capacity not increasing as Villa fans tend to come and go come rain or shine but I would like to see a new North Stand one day purely for aesthetics more than anything because currently it’s dated, ugly and doesn’t suit a grand old club such as ours.

Mate, you aren't listening to the club, we don't sell out, we nearly sell out but we don't. That's why they aren't doing the ground. We haven't sold European games out yet despite all the hype.
Your turn not to listen. We clearly need a bigger ground. How many would we need for Man U, Man C, Liverpool , Newcastle, Spurs ,Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves. The so called "Big Six" don't sell out every game. If we are to build on the Emery energy, we must increase the capacity at Villa Park. Aston Villa are a giant of a Football Club but have underachieved for many years. CARPE DIEM.