Villa away to Blues match thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

Villa away to Blues match thread

I agree silhill that it was definitely pre meditated. The idiot went straight at Jack. I think it's probable that Jack pretty much brushing it off then going on to score the winner has almost overshadowed how serious the incident is, though obviously I'm glad he did.

The fact remains that a player was attacked on the pitch and it was only down to the relative wimpiness of the attacker that Grealish wasn't seriously hurt. Imagine some proper bruiser getting in one good shot to the back of the head on him and it's a different story. I think there'll be a minimal fine and that's about it. Then the football world can feel great about itself for not punishing those "passionate" blues fans who cheered the twat off and sang songs about Jack being knocked out.

Watching the incident again in slow motion on youTube is interesting. Half the stewards at that end are actually watching the game rather than the crowd. As the ball is headed out Mitchell is actually on the pitch before the ball hits the ground. The stewards who are watching the game behind the goal don't react at all, the only other BCFC person who goes towards the incident approaches from the halfway line area. Were I the FA I would be asking big questions about their stewards' training regime.

Wait until someone runs on the pitch and twats a Liverpool or Man U player. The FA will no doubt come down on them with biblical fury, closing the ground for 5 games and probably automatically relegate them.

The FA will have to come down hard, on both Blues and Arsenal.

If next week a fan gets on and stabs Harry Kane for example, then all fingers will point back at them for not dealing with the issues staring at them in the face.

If a Tennis player can get stabbed then it could certainly happen in Football.

The Arsenal fan reacted to a goal, the Blues scumbag assault was totally premeditated and in first 5 minutes.

Scary stuff.

Has anyone seen the PFA supremo Gordon Taylor spouting Grealish should not have gone to fans when he scored. What did he expect after what Jack was put through beforehand. Does he want to stop all goal celebrations or just Villa against Blues ( his former club) he is reportedly on 2.2 million per year salary & well past the sell by date at 74 maybe they should look for a younger supremo with new ideas. So just remember all players scoring don’t over celebrate so not to incite supporters

I'm actually waiting for the FA to ban Jack for inciting the fans, you can see it coming, can't you.
If he hadn't been twatted first he would almost certainly have been done

The bloke who ran and patted Smalling has let Blues off the hook. The blazers aren't going to close Arsenal's ground or dock them points so they can't hit Blues with a big punishment.
As for their stewards , the F.A. should draw the obvious conclusion that they weren't up to the job and that only a big police presence inside the ground can guarantee safety. A police presence with a very high ratio of police to fans should be enforced. It will cost Blues a fortune in costs but tough. They can't do the job themselves so get the professionals in.

The bloke who ran and patted Smalling has let Blues off the hook. The blazers aren't going to close Arsenal's ground or dock them points so they can't hit Blues with a big punishment.
As for their stewards , the F.A. should draw the obvious conclusion that they weren't up to the job and that only a big police presence inside the ground can guarantee safety. A police presence with a very high ratio of police to fans should be enforced. It will cost Blues a fortune in costs but tough. They can't do the job themselves so get the professionals in.

Spot on Ironside - fines and empty grounds achieve little. If that doesn't work, most pig stys have a fence.

Fences were a huge problem with terracing, however less so at all seater stadium as long as they have plenty of manned gates. Nobody likes them but better that than players/supporters being attacked.

I think the danger with fences is that they encourage an animal like mentality in fans, climbing up them like angry gorillas as you see abroad on social media. If you have that for 90 minutes feeling trapped, does it potentially escalate a problem outside the ground?

I don’t know. I do think as someone says fences are an overreaction, a barrier around the perimeter would be a big step. For a high profile game like Villa Blues, cordon off the front rows.

I have been looking at the table (with renewed optimism) and the position of the Scum is precarious to say the least. If the EFL deduct 12 points as is hinted, it will put them on 38 and just above the relegation zone. If they get 15 points deducted, it will put them right in the the relegation places.
Whilst I don't expect that they will get points deducted for that Zulu moron's clump round the earhole on Jack, I do believe that any sympathy that the panel might have had for them will have diminished as a result.
Oh how sweet it would be to see them relegated to League One and perhaps Jack might change his view of Sunday being "the best day of his life" ?

Oh how sweet it would be to see them relegated to League One and perhaps Jack might change his view of Sunday being "the best day of his life" ?

I wouldn't shed any tears if they either slide all the way out of the 4 divisions or better still, went into liquidation.

They bring absolutely nothing to the good name of Birmingham expect shame and embarrassment which is something far too many of them seem to revel in and sadly to the genuine embarrassment of the decent ones who seem to be getting less and less in numbers.

That's all I'm saying about the lowlife as they are not worth another single second of my time.

WTF - what on earth are they charging us for. A few of our players trying to protect Jack when a spectator has run onto the pitch to attack him! Absolutely ridiculous, the cowards have taken the easy way out again

What a massive surprise....

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have both been charged by the Football Association for failing to control their players during Sunday's Championship match.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47568983
What a massive surprise....

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have both been charged by the Football Association for failing to control their players during Sunday's Championship match.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47568983
Is anybody really surprised. No doubt later today there will be another pronouncement that Jack Grealish is to be charged with an offence for celebrating his goal in the crowd.
This is the standard reaction from this gutless not fit for purpose organisation.
They never miss an opportunity to levy a fine to swell their coffers and just like a referee when faced with any situation that requires a thought process will go to the default position and book both players.

I dont recall too much happening after that incident anyway. No more than you would see in any other match with a tackle like that. It was nothing compared to events later in the game. Its clear for anyone to see they are looking for an easy way out of an awkward situation.