Villa away to Blues match thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

Villa away to Blues match thread

The FA have released a statement saying they are appalled by what happened and will work with both Blues and Arsenal to resolve safety concerns.

Fences were a huge problem with terracing, however less so at all seater stadium as long as they have plenty of manned gates. Nobody likes them but better that than players/supporters being attacked.

Fences were a huge problem with terracing, however less so at all seater stadium as long as they have plenty of manned gates. Nobody likes them but better that than players/supporters being attacked.
No. Sorry I dont know what the answer is but fences would be a massive over reaction to this incident.

I usually like Paul merson but he came across as very dumb on sky (the debate) last night. He was defending the smurfs saying this guy may have just turned up to this game out of the blue. It had to Be pointed out that he was a regular and season ticket holder . He also blew smoke up the Zulus arse which was cringeworthy viewing

Yes,the relationship between Villa and Les miserables has never, repeat never,been one of equals. The blues have a hatred for us that is arguably at the pathological level. A previous contributor made a key point in that they have a history akin to the likes of Barnsley and Coventry. To see their near neighbors have such an illustrious history must gnaw at their very being. To finish them off was to see us seemingly on the floor and out of the blue,we amazingly have mega rich owners. We are one of a select elite of English clubs. A history and tradition unmatched by the nouveau riche. To finish their gobby supporters,l always manage to let them know that l was there when we beat Bayern and Barcelona in European cup finals. Game,set and match.

history akin to the likes of Barnsley and Coventry.

No they haven't...both Barnsley and Coventry have won the FA Cup!!!

Not to mention Bury!!

An American friend of mine (who is an intelligent bloke) asked me to explain it to him yesterday. I told him that there are five or six major cities in England that have 140-year-old "big club rivalries." Manchester, Liverpool, London (x2), Sheffield, Birmingham. I explained that all of these rivalries were between two clubs who, for the most part shared the success. Even in the case of Liverpool and ManUre, who had dominated the league for many years, their counterparts had enjoyed some levels of success either before, during or after those periods. Birmingham City are the exception, in that they have enjoyed virtually zero success and have been second-best for the entire-history of the rivalry. Added to that inferiority complex is the fact that, historically they were never legitimately considered to be a threat in the local area, and that smaller-population areas like West Bromwich and Wolverhampton (and even Coventry) have over-shadowed them. All of this serves to give them this massive inferiority complex which morphs into hate.

I've been on about this for years. It is the most one sided local rivalry in the country and they hate it. I can not think of any other that would even come close.
I try to tell my Blue Nose mates that my Dad, Uncles and Grandad always looked at West Brom as the main derby up until the mid 80's, but they can not accept this and think I'm making it up. The inferiority complex with them is ridiculous

No. Sorry I dont know what the answer is but fences would be a massive over reaction to this incident.

Think they'd look nice at the Sty, in keeping with the rest of the the ground. It's about the only way you can prevent pitch invasions.

Next time (and there will be a next time) what happens if some psycho smuggles in a stanley knife blade or worse? In the 80's how many fans were disfigured by scallys slashing indiscriminately. Saw it happening first hand. History suggests that the Scum can't be trusted to keep off the pitch.

Hope something tragic doesn't have to happen. Violence and football go hand in hand and the stakes have been raised. Just listen to the justification for events given by Blues fans. They have already threatened Deano.

I love the way they keep emphasing the fact they have the name of our city in their title while we don't. I usually counter this by reciting a list that contains Lazio, Ajax, Santos, Estudiantes, Racing and Juventus.
You can probably come up with a few others.

I had the brother of an old friend hitting me with one at the weekend - I just replied 'And?'. So they have Birmingham in the name - yeah and then what?

I very much doubt in any case that a local authority would or even could issue a safety certificate to a ground having fences without a change in the primary legislation.

I've been on about this for years. It is the most one sided local rivalry in the country and they hate it. I can not think of any other that would even come close.
I try to tell my Blue Nose mates that my Dad, Uncles and Grandad always looked at West Brom as the main derby up until the mid 80's, but they can not accept this and think I'm making it up. The inferiority complex with them is ridiculous
The rivalry with West Brom, to me is far more significant from a footballing standpoint. They had some very decent teams back in those days, produced players like Regis, Cunningham, Robson, Statham.
When we sold Gray to Wolves it caused far more consternation than anyone that we ever sold to Birmingham.

Think they'd look nice at the Sty, in keeping with the rest of the the ground. It's about the only way you can prevent pitch invasions.

Next time (and there will be a next time) what happens if some psycho smuggles in a stanley knife blade or worse? In the 80's how many fans were disfigured by scallys slashing indiscriminately. Saw it happening first hand. History suggests that the Scum can't be trusted to keep off the pitch.

Hope something tragic doesn't have to happen. Violence and football go hand in hand and the stakes have been raised. Just listen to the justification for events given by Blues fans. They have already threatened Deano.
If history suggests they cant keep off the pitch then fence their pitch not ours and dont give them a ticket allocation for our home game.

I don`t think our fans would cheer if a Blues player was knocked to the ground by a fan, i honestly think our first thought would be " shit we are fucked ".

Blues have always prided themselves on the fear factor, the Zulu element, Villa are bigger but we are harder etc it`s the only thing they have ever had over us.

Weird thing is they are as weak as piss nowadays, no longer are we worried about them from that perspective.

Even their main lads are embarrassed by the incidents Sunday, the Judas and then the disgusting social media to Jack.

They have a sick obsession with us, it`s weird.

They had the upper hand from about 84 to 87 that’s about it Regardless about what they would have you believe

I love the way they keep emphasing the fact they have the name of our city in their title while we don't. I usually counter this by reciting a list that contains Lazio, Ajax, Santos, Estudiantes, Racing and Juventus.
You can probably come up with a few others.
Everton, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Hearts, Hibernian, and lets not forget "Barcelona City" :throw::throw:

If history suggests they cant keep off the pitch then fence their pitch not ours and dont give them a ticket allocation for our home game.

Exactly my point. Fence off their pitch, not everybodys. Set a precedent, clear consequences for all clubs - if you can't control your fans then you put up the fences.

I
Everton, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Hearts, Hibernian, and lets not forget "Barcelona City" :throw::throw:
also Rochdale, Walsall, bury, chesterfield, Exeter, Rotherham'. Must be very few big clubs with their original name. Small heath change their name every two years. Les miserables fits them perfectly

The rivalry with West Brom, to me is far more significant from a footballing standpoint. They had some very decent teams back in those days, produced players like Regis, Cunningham, Robson, Statham.
When we sold Gray to Wolves it caused far more consternation than anyone that we ever sold to Birmingham.
But Andy was a Villa hero,l believe that players who left us to join blues were well past their best. The only exception which comes to mind is John sleeuwenhoek who picked up a bad injury at the sty and ended up at Torquay. John was part of the mercer minors team managed by Joe mercer who was sacked by our idiotic board. Joe went on to achieve success at Maine road.

history akin to the likes of Barnsley and Coventry.

No they haven't...both Barnsley and Coventry have won the FA Cup!!!

Not to mention Bury!!
To be fair to Les miserables,they have won two league cups. Might it be argued that two league cups are worth one f a cup?