VAR | Page 9 | Vital Football

VAR

I've just seen the highlights of Arsenal vs Palace. Arsenal were robbed by VAR for both the penalty and their 3rd goal. What a farce.

Take a look an man utd's first penalty if you think those are bad. How VAR can give that is incredible really.

We know that the FA don't care for unfashionable clubs like ours but when their beloved Arsenal are getting buggered by VAR, something will have to be done.

Take a look an man utd's first penalty if you think those are bad. How VAR can give that is incredible really.

Funny last week the fans and media had picked up on not one penalty had been awarded by VAR and low and behold they start giving stupid ones that never were

Shambles isn't it .
You can take human error by a ref in the heat of the moment . Almost a part of the game .
But for a panel to sit and scrutinise the evidence and decide against what's in front of them doesn't sit well and just feels very wrong .
You dont even get the chance to sing about the ref now

The idiot who masquerades as a professional referee (don't they all in the Prem?) Jon Moss has been named as the referee for our game against Liverpool.:slap:

Yes, that's the very same Jon Moss who sat in that Stockley Park bunker and awarded City that ridiculous Silva goal.

I wonder when we are likely to see another incompetent Premier League referee called Kevin Friend with us any day soon or will it be his turn to oversee everything from the bunker this Saturday?

Last edited:
:shake:

Whatever happened to the days when a good referee was one you never noticed or worried about?

That went out of the window with Sky televising nearly every game and the refs deciding they were the star of the show. It's ridiculous that they lead the teams out and pick the ball off that plinth in a theatrical gesture. Let the teams come out first and the refs should follow them out a minute later.

One big mistake is having an all-referee panel. You need a referee on the panel. You also needs somebody who knows the rules inside out, who may or may not be a referee, but I incline to think should be different. And you need somebody simply to act as chair. That should cut out bias.

I would love to see a table, where all of the VAR mistakes are rectified, just to see what difference it would have made. I guess assume a pentaly given is a goal scored. I could never be arsed to do something like that, but it would be interesting.

I despise it. Not suited to football, which is the most loved spectator sport because it's non-stop, unlike other sports. It will get improve but then so do oil slicks. Paying fans hate it but it provides 'talking points' for pundits and armchair experts, so it has to stay ffs. I don't buy the bias argument - refs on the pitch are more vulnerable to that. Even so, just bin it.

Just said on the radio , that they have had 2 years training on VAR.

It just gets worse. That is an embarrassment. 2 years to get to this stage.Dearie me.