VAR | Page 28 | Vital Football

VAR

We didn't deserve to win the game yesterday. If anything, we stole a point off Bournemouth.

Still, DC's goal wasn't clear and obviously offside. It took them five minutes of faffing about with the computer to make a decision. There was no way to make an accurate determination from that angle. If it's not clear and obvious, move on.

What was clear and obvious was that Semedo or whatever his name is pulled Bailey back. It's a booking. It was a clear and obvious error by the ref. He should have been sent off. Where was VAR for that?

Next season they are talking about daylight between the players, how the hell are the going to determine that from a wonky angle?

We didn't deserve to win the game yesterday. If anything, we stole a point off Bournemouth.

Still, DC's goal wasn't clear and obviously offside. It took them five minutes of faffing about with the computer to make a decision. There was no way to make an accurate determination from that angle. If it's not clear and obvious, move on.

What was clear and obvious was that Semedo or whatever his name is pulled Bailey back. It's a booking. It was a clear and obvious error by the ref. He should have been sent off. Where was VAR for that?

Next season they are talking about daylight between the players, how the hell are the going to determine that from a wonky angle?
A lot of simple decisions the refs get wrong could be rectified by the man on var in real time but they'd rather fuck about trying to disallow every single goal on a technicality that nobody see's live at the ground.
We don't want it though do we, its bad enough now having to wait after every goal to see if that can spot something to disallow a goal imagine every tackle being in slo-mo, we'd end up like American football where an hour game sometimes last nearly 4 hours and they wonder why only they play it, the rest of us fall asleep

Is clear and obvious still a policy ? - seen a couple lately where even on replays the decision is still debatable.

On MOTD last night they said they had asked why VAR got involved - and the reply was it was good use of VAR as they got to the correct decision.

Shite, shite, shite and shite again. Implemented to correct obvious errors, caused more controversy than the man in the pub (or Silhil as we call him here :lol:)

Sorry Sihil - couldn't resist after all the stick you've been getting on here lately.

I don't think this will ever work until those on VAR have no association with referees, all we are seeing is refs protecting refs when they balls up.

I don't think this will ever work until those on VAR have no association with referees, all we are seeing is refs protecting refs when they balls up.
Absolutely mate, the stakes are high and the refs are covering each other, they are failing so badly. In my humble opinion, VAR should be given no more than 30 seconds, if they cannot work it out then you guy by the man in black.....its supposed to be a clear and obvious errors they are ruling out not taking 5 minutes to try and chalk off the goal. If you take the Carlos goal, not one Bournemouth player appealed for offside!

They really do need to rethink this Var system. Ex pros do not like, the fans do not like it and let's face it its killing the game. It was brought in to assist the ref therefore, should only be used if the ref is unsure. To use it to scrutinise every goal scored is the problem, Var is now looking at every way it can chalk off the goal. I saw yesterday a perfectly good goal but Var took 4 minutes and multiple lines drawn to say the attackers big toe was in an off side position yet his body was in line, no one appealed no flag was raised. Fans went wild then, the dreaded delay.... what is this shit. It what way is the striker gaining advantage? Its a nonsense, 'they' have reinvented or introduced a new rule: 'Techical offside' this is not in the spirit of the game! It needs to go.

As I said at the very start of this thread, football is played and reffed by humans and humans make subjective decisions so nothing changes there are just more people involved in making the mistake. Handball and offside are now subjective because of VAR and some sort of new interpretation of the rules.
Handball had to be deliberate now its was given or not if the ball hits a hand and the had is already there.
Lets get back to common sense

I think there needs to be a thorough review on the number and reasons for each referral. Am I being paranoid or is nearly every goal of ours being reviewed? What about clear and obvious? We have all the footage from the whole season. There seems to be no consistency.

I think there needs to be a thorough review on the number and reasons for each referral. Am I being paranoid or is nearly every goal of ours being reviewed? What about clear and obvious? We have all the footage from the whole season. There seems to be no consistency.
No you're not being paranoid mate. The trust has gone. The vision they sold to football fans has never materialized. Nobody can tell me that it has brought about an improvement in the onfield spectacle or made the game fairer in any way. It's slow, it's cumbersome and it still gets loads of decisions wrong no matter how long they look at it. It's also the ultimate tool for rigging a result . It said it all for me when that twat linekar came out and said on MOTD that he's ashamed too say that he threw his weight behind it because it has made the game worse.

Yup. I didn't even bother celebrating Dougs goal at Chelsea despite it being given.
I was the same with Ollie's second against Newcastle, My gut feeling was he was offside before he even shot. I just sat there. It spoils the moment.
Dougies was never going to be allowed he was offside as well as hitting his hand and he himself didn't look convinced he'd scored

I was the same with Ollie's second against Newcastle, My gut feeling was he was offside before he even shot. I just sat there. It spoils the moment.
Dougies was never going to be allowed he was offside as well as hitting his hand and he himself didn't look convinced he'd scored
Yup. I was down the other end , but something didn't feel right.