VAR | Page 26 | Vital Football

VAR

What's going on with VAR this season? I thought we were nailed on for a penno yesterday for jersey pulling and they didn't seem to even bother looking at it.

I saw the VAR kick in for Gordon's "goal" though.

What's going on with VAR this season? I thought we were nailed on for a penno yesterday for jersey pulling and they didn't seem to even bother looking at it.

Seems to have gone the other way if you know what I mean

They got that one right, no thanks to a very late flag from a prompted lino

Pmsl.
I saw you being rude to the ref when Coady went down after he was clearly decapitated by that ball he blocked.

Which incidentally did seem like he was playing on the fact that the ref would stop the game with a 'head injury' as we were attacking at the time.

Cody though did go off shortly after so benefit of the doubt.......maybe....

Pmsl.
I saw you being rude to the ref when Coady went down after he was clearly decapitated by that ball he blocked.

Which incidentally did seem like he was playing on the fact that the ref would stop the game with a 'head injury' as we were attacking at the time.

No, he was subbed off tactically, he went down because he knew the ref would stop the game just as we were about to shoot. Whenever they bring in a new rule to benefit the players health they find a way to use it to cheat. He deliberatly headed that ball away it was't a shot that hit him in the face

Pmsl.

No benefit at all lol. He should have got his head out of the way as that shot was goal bound.

No, he was subbed off tactically, he went down because he knew the ref would stop the game just as we were about to shoot. Whenever they bring in a new rule to benefit the players health they find a way to use it to cheat. He deliberatly headed that ball away it was't a shot that hit him in the face

Exactly what I said to my mate, we were in a good position and would’ve worked up a good opportunity, Coady did a very smart thing then.

But Martinez did the same when he went down, same mate was worried when it happened, I said na, Emi1 is slowing the game down - he’s smart like that. Ashley Young was messing about with the different balls at one point, these things make a little difference to just getting to the opposition.

The VAR announcements at Villa Park seem a bit loud to me , and the announcer seems to have little neutrality in his voice when announcing a decision going our way (like yesterdays disallowed goal for Everton). Is it like this at every ground or is this a unique feature for us ?

Exactly what I said to my mate, we were in a good position and would’ve worked up a good opportunity, Coady did a very smart thing then.

But Martinez did the same when he went down, same mate was worried when it happened, I said na, Emi1 is slowing the game down - he’s smart like that. Ashley Young was messing about with the different balls at one point, these things make a little difference to just getting to the opposition.

Come on Dan you didn't have to say the same mate, we all know you only have the one ;)

Come on Dan you didn't have to say the same mate, we all know you only have the one ;)

He’s over from Canada a couple of times per season so I can only use that line on very limited occasions, have to drop it in when I can. I’ll use again over Xmas when he’s over

Premier League VAR - Scotland says hold my beer.

Cameras "did not capture an appropriate view" of Jota's disallowed Scottish Premiership goal for Celtic against Motherwell on Wednesday, but the Scottish FA say the player was offside.

Jota was flagged offside after netting at Fir Park, as Celtic won 2-1.
Footage from the 18-yard line in the Motherwell half was unavailable, with VAR reviewing the incident from the corresponding angle in the Celtic half.

The Scottish FA say they have "provided feedback to the host broadcaster".

VAR has been operating in Scotland's top flight since 21 October.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63596135

It's just been announced that two VAR decisions given against Villa were incorrect the first one, a penalty given against Crystal Palace should NOT have been given. The second Douglas Luiz, was sent off, incorrect decision. It's all very well saying that now, but these mistakes should not have been made. Whats going to happen to the people who made these decisions ? are they going to be fined or have to pay match fees back ? it stinks

Augustino who was having a decent game - injures himself stretching for tackle against a player who after the game stopped was flagged offside.

On comes Luca Digne - and the rest is history !