USA chaos | Page 8 | Vital Football

USA chaos

The two big ones are:

Unlike a fiat currency which is backed by a Sovereign Government, a Bitcoin has NO backing.

Liquidity: A grand total of 18.6m Bitcoins have been mined since inception; far fewer than that are in active circulation.

There is a conservative estimation that 20% of all Bitcoins mined have been irretrievably lost in one way or another and that 95% of the ones in circulation (or not in circulation would sum it up better) are held by just 2.9% of all registered addresses.

This has two effects: with there being such a small supply on the market at any one time you end up paying a sizeable premium; if that is not bad enough just wait until it comes to selling.

On January 2nd this year a sale totalling 150 Bitcoin resulted in a 10% drop in the price.

It was noted at the time "If you can destroy the market like that in the space of seven or eight minutes, that shows there is no liquidity and no depth — nobody is there to take the other side of the trade when things start moving. You have these extreme moves because everyone is on the same side."

More than 2000 Bitcoin wallets hold over 1000 coins in them; can you imagine the carnage if just one person attempted to offload their position?

My advice would be to get the fuck out while you still have a shirt on your back; you might think its great craic getting all trendy with the Millennials but they have nothing to lose.

Sell your position and send me the proceeds; I will get you in on the ground floor for the next big thing; you will be well ahead of the curve.

Neither of those are rules of currency!!!

Once something is listed on the markets and shares can be bought and sold then its open to manipulation like most other things. Bitcoin still feels too Russian to me. It was never a viable currency from the start in many ways because the value fluctuated constantly, hard to price up yer shop goods every ten minutes

Once something is listed on the markets and shares can be bought and sold then its open to manipulation like most other things. Bitcoin still feels too Russian to me. It was never a viable currency from the start in many ways because the value fluctuated constantly, hard to price up yer shop goods every ten minutes

Russian???

I fear that a future American coup has become more likely, not less from this.

Make no mistake, Trump tried a coup d'etat.

Luckily, Trump has very low intellect and most of his political allies are no better or worse. He tried it but couldn't make it stick because he didn't actually know how to do it. Trump isn't really capable of planning; he is like a clever animal that runs on instinct.

And yet, in the end, a coup against American democracy failed only because other republicans got cold feet. Some enablers pulled back from the brink on moral grounds, but I suspect many did so only because they didnt believe Trump was going to pull it off.

What these four years have shown is that someone with most of Trump's ability to mobilise a base but with far more intelligence and nous could, and probably would succeed. Had he demonstrated to Republicans some competence, some clarity and some planning he could have brought far more judges and senators with him.

He believed that people he appointed would automatically be his people; he didn't recognise that their offices lasted longer than his did; he didn't give them a reason to he too scared to defy him, because they could all see he wasn't going to succeed in staying in power.

Someone with real intelligence- or someone like Trump who is advised by people with real intelligence- and sticks with them- absolutely could pull this off. Republicans are willing for the right candidate and so are Americans.

And, so would be many Brits.

That is the power of nationalism, and of implicitly promising people that you'll make it ok to be racist again.

Luckily, Trump has very low intellect and most of his political allies are no better or worse. He tried it but couldn't make it stick because he didn't actually know how to do it. Trump isn't really capable of planning; he is like a clever animal that runs on instinct.

And yet, in the end, a coup against American democracy failed only because other republicans got cold feet. Some enablers pulled back from the brink on moral grounds, but I suspect many did so only because they didnt believe Trump was going to pull it off.

What these four years have shown is that someone with most of Trump's ability to mobilise a base but with far more intelligence and nous could, and probably would succeed. Had he demonstrated to Republicans some competence, some clarity and some planning he could have brought far more judges and senators with him.

He believed that people he appointed would automatically be his people; he didn't recognise that their offices lasted longer than his did; he didn't give them a reason to he too scared to defy him, because they could all see he wasn't going to succeed in staying in power.

Someone with real intelligence- or someone like Trump who is advised by people with real intelligence- and sticks with them- absolutely could pull this off. Republicans are willing for the right candidate and so are Americans.

That is the power of nationalism, and of implicitly promising people that you'll make it ok to be racist again.
Sorry i just dont agree that it could happen.

Spot on Popey. If this happened anywhere else in the world, it would have been labelled a coup.

What i saw was a bunch of nob heads, no where near a coup.
You need to think where it could have led with a leader who had any idea what they were doing and wasn't acting on instinct and narcissism.

I get where you're coming from but I think you are thinking about this too bluntly, as in they were a bunch of idiots who didn't even know what they were going to do once they were in there.

But the reality is that, had Trump known what he was doing, he could have got them to hold that building potentially for days.

The deadline for certification by the Senate is 11th.

If the Senate do not certify by then, who "won" the election goes to a simple vote in the house; one state, one vote. So Trump wins.

You then use those goons to intimidate opposition congressmen over time, and blame the whole thing on Antifa.

You then claim that the Democrats are funding Antifa. Make a few choice arrests, backed by sympathetic republican police and judges. Do enough arrests and you can change the constitution if you want.

And if the police won't stop you and your picks lead the army and judiciary....

Trump isn't smart enough for that. Someone else would have been though.

This is going to be fucking glorious

The right are now going to eat themselves and back stab the shit out of each other

It's part of their make up to be cowards because when you play the blame game and it is turned on you the right start acting like the bitches they are!

It's already started

Elaine Choa has resigned

She is Trumps longest serving cabinet minister and get this the wife of the walking dead Senate majority leader Mitch Mconnell you couldn't get more Tory if you tried sorry I meant Republican

Imagine if Trump hadn't been banned for 12 hrs on twitter

He would have had a year of the Woanz 2020 like meltdown

Last edited:
What is and is not a civilised society?

It's always a head srcatcher to me

I guess bombing the shit out of other countries for resources murdering and raping and pillaging on the way is part and parcel of being a civilised society

Making weapons and selling them

Having a select few people from an almost similar background run the country

Letting millions starve or be on the streets when you have a massive amount of wealth

Etc
etc

I guess it must be that people say please and thank you

That must be it