USA chaos | Page 4 | Vital Football

USA chaos

Was about to post something similar.

The technology is racing over the horizon, but humans/legislation cannot keep pace with it.
I am not for legislating against free speech, but we are in a very troubling place.

Lets be honest here, the issue has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with people and how they use it. This is what happens when spin over substance takes root. Has been happening for decades across the board. Yesterday highlights where that road ends.

Claiming something that isnt true using spin and semantics is no substitute for comprehensive analysis, acknowledging issues where they can be demonstrated and a discussion of options. Sadly in the usa and here all we have and are seeing is ideology over substance. Whatever happened to what works is what counts

And there is the problem in a nutshell. You are a reasonable bloke and you have made a reasonable post based on information that you have recieved no doubt from a media source on the internet. You and i either believe it or not, there is no way of knowing if it is correct.

Yes, I wasn't there on the day but much of my belief is placed on info and impressions gained over quite a few years. It's quite possible that the figure I quoted of 43% may be revised in the next few days but even so the events of last night indicate that something is very seriously wrong.
The situation there begins to sound to me like two completely different camps, two totally different sets of people and nothing like the UK political parties which you fellows debate.

It's beginning to feel like a real problem that could eventually affect a lot of us outside of the USA.

The tech world we inhabit is likened to the Wild West at the moment, and it is difficult to argue against this.

On that note, buy some bitcoins and sit on them for a few years, you will make a lot of money. This is the Wild West of finance.

As a matter of interest, how exactly are you putting a value on Bitcoin?

I presume you are engaged in some form of value calculation because gambling on instinct and emotion is a sure fire way to the poor house.

The Republicans need to reclaim the moderate majority who will have been appalled by the desecration of the Capitol over the last 24 hours; they need to make clear that Don, or any of his clan cannot run again in '24.

The trouble will be seen if the Republican reject the Don, this will further alienate those MAGA lot, who are so enamoured with him, that they are prepared to sacrifice its democracy to keep him in power.

Biden has his work cut out to try and unite a nation which is fractured by its political classes.

That just will not happen.

The one thing the mainstream Republicans have done, that you have not, is the math

I presume you are engaged in some form of value calculation because gambling on instinct and emotion is a sure fire way to the poor house.

Bitcoin has been a very solid investment for quite sometime.

I have a fairly long term investment in BTC, but I do a bit of shorting on XLM; which is good fun.

I've taken my initial investment out from the altcoins, so am playing for free there,
BTC has seen over 100% return in the last month and having PayPal now using it has increased the value.

Bitcoin seems like playing with fire to me.

I would say it's a bit like regularly banging your attractive neighbour in your matrimonial bed while your missus has gone to the shops.

It might seem very nice and exciting whilst you're doing it, but only a matter of time before everything comes crashing down and you're in a whole world of shit, but you never know when that moment is going to come.

I have a fairly long term investment in BTC, but I do a bit of shorting on XLM; which is good fun.

I've taken my initial investment out from the altcoins, so am playing for free there,
BTC has seen over 100% return in the last month and having PayPal now using it has increased the value.

That is all well and good, but how do you value the Coin?

If you have no means of valuing the asset how do you know when to get in or get out?

Surely its not down to guess work!

On top of that it is a benign asset; it does not accrue any earnings.

The only reason the Financial Markets display any interest in Cyber Currencies is due to the wild fluctuations; they make money every time people buy and sell; their commission is safe.

Bitcoin seems like playing with fire to me.

I would say it's a bit like regularly banging your attractive neighbour in your matrimonial bed while your missus has gone to the shops.

It might seem very nice and exciting whilst you're doing it, but only a matter of time before everything comes crashing down and you're in a whole world of shit, but you never know when that moment is going to come.

If your neighbour is absolutely minted and loves the beat of your colossal schlong, maybe that risk/reward is worth it.

Seriously though kids, it's the same as anything, only invest what you can afford.

How do you value it?

If you cannot value an asset you are guessing; it really is that simple.

It is not as if there is any correlation between Bitcoin and any other asset; it is not like Gold for instance, and the relationship that has with the Dollar.

I am all for new forms of investment, and not averse to risk, but it has to be a calculated risk; for everything else there is Euromillions

If your neighbour is absolutely minted and loves the beat of your colossal schlong, maybe that risk/reward is worth it.

Seriously though kids, it's the same as anything, only invest what you can afford.

Surely you mean gamble in that instance; it is certainly not investing