US Presidential election | Page 31 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

It wasn't that the brave police officers would have tried harder it is that the army would have been deployed well in advance had anyone else had a anti Trump demo.

According to the far right publication The Washington Times (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...299b56-510e-11eb-b2e8-3339e73d9da2_story.html)

it looks as if the various police and guards were under armed thanks to the request of the local mayor and then when it became too late and the National Guard were actually requested, the army general instead of ordering them in hesitated as he didn't want the army to be seen to be invading congress (if he had, no doubt CNN would have reported that Trump had ordered the army in as part of a full military coup)

The army would have been deloyed well in advance if the local authorities had requested their assistance as part of their planning. And this would be true regardless of if the demonstrators were pro or anti-Trump.

1610199244301.png
1610198299947.png
1610198396610.png

Attachments

• 1610198185122.png
    1610198185122.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
Yes, I agree with you mostly. There are certainly anarcho-capitalists and libertarians (though crucially not libertarian communists) among the Trump supporting factions. They're not anarchists though. They may oppose what they regard as a corrupt state, but they are not against all states. They want an authoritarian and racist dynastical state with Trump at the head of it and his son wainting in the wings to take over when his father dies.

You're completely right though about both sides refusing to acknowledge their own bullshit lies.

How many people have their eyes fully open? Even those who have can often easily be hoodwinked, such is the climate for misinformation and propaganda.

ironic thing is that trump is a Democrat and he used to back Schumer and warren who are/were his buds.
his kids are lifelong registered democrats lol. Bit like tony blairs advice - join a party and move its policies to you own.

Good post, Lancs.

Why weren't the police properly prepared? We all know they would have been if it were the other side did when it was the other side having a protest that close to the Capitol.

I've seen comments suggesting that the DC mayor (a Democrat and not a Republician) came under so much critisism for overpolicing the BLM demonstrations that they have now overcompensated. Likewise at this point, BLM demonstrations in other cities had seen rioting, looting (sorry not looting - repatriations!) and setting fire to buildings.

I've seen comments suggesting that the DC mayor (a Democrat and not a Republician) came under so much critisism for overpolicing the BLM demonstrations that they have now overcompensated. Likewise at this point, BLM demonstrations in other cities had seen rioting, looting (sorry not looting - repatriations!) and setting fire to buildings.
I hope you also remember the involvement in that rioting and looting of the far right agitators.

Wrong again. I have posted my views on here with regards to Trump as it fits with the topic (or the bulk of it) but I have no time for the Clintons, nor do I think much of Biden, tbh. I don't see what misinformation you think I have believed?

Gills making the play offs!

According to the far right publication The Washington Times (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...299b56-510e-11eb-b2e8-3339e73d9da2_story.html)

it looks as if the various police and guards were under armed thanks to the request of the local mayor and then when it became too late and the National Guard were actually requested, the army general instead of ordering them in hesitated as he didn't want the army to be seen to be invading congress (if he had, no doubt CNN would have reported that Trump had ordered the army in as part of a full military coup)

The army would have been deloyed well in advance if the local authorities had requested their assistance as part of their planning. And this would be true regardless of if the demonstrators were pro or anti-Trump.

View attachment 44984
View attachment 44982
The policing, tbh, is irrelevant. The actions of people on Wednesday resulted in the deaths of 5 people. If they had stayed outside and peacefully protested, I doubt that anybody would have died. Trump et al own those deaths as do the mob that invaded the building.

Unelected social media and msm owners deciding who should be heard or silenced.
Ok when your side are on top but leads to dictatorship, censorship and a police state. Maybe you are ok with paying that price.

I share your concern, but a world of hyper reality where intense visual images can be transmitted cheaply and quickly to large numbers of people who have been brought up to indulge their emotions rather than exercise their reason is not the same as a world in which anyone can sound off at Speaker's Corner. And this is not a right wing problem. This is a politics problem and may soon be an international relations problem. We don't want to go China's way of handling this, but the free market of ideas needs work. My instinct is to go for education and to create better consumers (sorry) of information. Illitch said we should develop people's crap detectors, but I think we're seeing the consequences of that in the way people, and often educators, happily identify anything they don't like as crap. Until we figure something out, we can only focus on process -you don't hit, you show respect, and you conduct yourself on the assumption that you -not him or her- are probably wrong. Of course, that requires reciprocation and trust -both in short supply at the moment.

According to Lt.Col.Thomas McInerney , Pelossi had her laptop 'stolen' during all the drama in the Senate chamber.
He described her as being 'frantic'.
He also mentions Trump to use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to address the nation.
He stresses Trump has evidence of foreign interference in the fraudulent election and evidence of treason.
With only 12 days before Biden takes over , it may explain why the Dems and big tech seem keen to have the POTUS silenced.

Of course , this could all be fake news/bullshit.
It's not going away.

According to Lt.Col.Thomas McInerney , Pelossi had her laptop 'stolen' during all the drama in the Senate chamber.
He described her as being 'frantic'.
He also mentions Trump to use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to address the nation.
He stresses Trump has evidence of foreign interference in the fraudulent election and evidence of treason.
With only 12 days before Biden takes over , it may explain why the Dems and big tech seem keen to have the POTUS silenced.

Of course , this could all be fake news/bullshit.
It's not going away.

if he had any evidence of foreign interference in the claimed fraudulent election and evidence of treason then he would have already set the fbi off running. Maybe he should put evidence out there.
Ironic both sides keep claiming foreign interference - nutjob country.

if he had any evidence of foreign interference in the claimed fraudulent election and evidence of treason then he would have already set the fbi off running. Maybe he should put evidence out there.
Ironic both sides keep claiming foreign interference - nutjob country.

It's going to be an interesting next 12 days.
In Sept 2018 Trump signed an executive order that meant if there's any interference in the US elections , he has the power to call a state of emergency.
I can see Trump attempting to use these powers.

It's going to be an interesting next 12 days.
In Sept 2018 Trump signed an executive order that meant if there's any interference in the US elections , he has the power to call a state of emergency.
I can see Trump attempting to use these powers.

then i think he will be removed from office by congress which is not good news for his legacy.

We'll have wait and see Jerry , they don't seem to have any particular excuse to evict him.
There will be a reason to silence him.

They have only stopped twitter. He has other avenues as he is still POTUS. He has no evidence as far as we know and if he calls a state of emergency then it needs a written note from Pence and majority in Congress to throw him out.
it will be an incitement to insurrection if he does not go through the legal methods and he calls his gunmen onto the streets.
anything could happen lol.

Scary the fact that a out going President can have enough power to bring a country to it knees and practically do anything he likes say what he likes and even start a war if he wishes.

We'll have wait and see Jerry , they don't seem to have any particular excuse to evict him.
There will be a reason to silence him.

With respect, VG, I think if there was evidence, Trump's people with all their money and organization would have been able to produce it. They haven't. This means either there isn't any or there is a conspiracy so big out there that it involves you, me, Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Trump is a deeply flawed character. I would not want to be depending on him in a fix. I think you are on much firmer ground when you argue that everything that produced Trumpism -love it or hate it- is still out there -not the many misguided and few wicked people who showed up to Washington last week, but the 74 million. Someone has to find away to talk to them, and I'm not seeing the Democrats do it yet. Early days though. Watch Pence. He's serious, he can be competent (Covid notwithstanding), it's not all about him, and breaking with Trump when he did might just pay off spectacularly in Republican politics down the line.

I want the Democrats to govern America, but I want a sane opposition that keeps them honest by offering a properly conservative alternative way of getting the country out of the fix its in.

View attachment 44984
View attachment 44982
View attachment 44983
There’s another more chilling story that’s emerging. That Trump wanted to have the military present but not to prevent trouble but to actively be involved in halting the certification proceedings. Only Pence prevented this from happening. Perhaps we should be grateful they weren’t there and that when they arrived, they were loyal to their oath to the constitution.