US Presidential election | Page 30 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

Hello TRW, we don`t often talk. My reply would be as I explained to Buddha. The conclusion you drew could well be correct, Trump has clearly lost the plot recently.

lol, Trump lost the plot a long, long time ago! His insanity does appear to have gone into overdrive recently though...

I think he simply can't handle losing at anything at all, and when he does it just sends him batshit crazy!

read this on a american friends page , "Twitter has already started removing all conservatives pages.
Facebook is starting on their purge to remove conservatives.
Apple just released a statement they will be doing the same.
I will not follow the Marxist..so I will most likely not be on here much longer.
Already over 150 of my conservative friends have been removed.

The end of free speech. Anyone who disagrees with liberal views are being removed. post from a friends site.
Your friend appears to be exaggerating. Twitter and Facebook are following their normal rules which is to suspend or remove anyone that violates their code. If anyone is promoting violence they’re going to get removed. Facebook and Apple have given a deadline to Parler. Either start moderating the content in the same way they do or they will remove Parler as a download from Google Play or the Apple store respectively. Perhaps they feel that trying to organise a coup via social media is just a tad extreme.

Who‘s the Marxist ?

The problem was twofold. Firstly there is a stark comparison between the pictures of the Capitol when there was an entirely peaceful BLM protest when the National Guard was deployed and heavily armed military stood on the steps of the Capitol, and the lack of any National Guard presence when an attempt at disrupting proceedings had been widely trailed on social media.

Secondly there is the degree to which some members of the Capitol Police appeared to be complicit. There were pictures of the police pulling barriers aside to let people through. That was clearly not the majority of the Police, many of whom bravely tried to defend the building whilst being hopelessly outnumbered.

The only conclusion that you could draw is that there was a deal of complicity with the protestors from the very top. The Head of the Capitol Police who has since resigned was a Trump appointee.

Getting rid of Trump through impeachment or whatever might be the only way of preventing a repeat attempt at the Inauguration.
I think they should just leave things as they are. Just let him drift along for a couple of weeks. I can't see anybody close to him letting him do much at all. The country needs to try to start healing and doing anything legal to out him will just stoke things up even more. My hope would be that he ends up prosecuted and in jail, but I suspect he knows too much about too many people for that to happen.

Money pays for advertising places like the control of social media platforms like Facebook.

if we take away rhe fact that we do not like the person - for 4 years the dems and media have been selling this lie and after court case, congress investigations and special council nothing but nothing has been proven. Obviously trump haters not preferring the unpalatable truth cannot think for themselves.

on the other side ordinary people have bought the lie that there was mass electoral fraud and democracy has been usurped in this last election.

dance puppets dance.

lets never let the truth get in the way of 'our side' lol

I think they should just leave things as they are. Just let him drift along for a couple of weeks. I can't see anybody close to him letting him do much at all. The country needs to try to start healing and doing anything legal to out him will just stoke things up even more. My hope would be that he ends up prosecuted and in jail, but I suspect he knows too much about too many people for that to happen.

prosecuted on what charge? Constitution does not have a twat clause lol.

Your friend appears to be exaggerating. Twitter and Facebook are following their normal rules which is to suspend or remove anyone that violates their code. If anyone is promoting violence they’re going to get removed. Facebook and Apple have given a deadline to Parler. Either start moderating the content in the same way they do or they will remove Parler as a download from Google Play or the Apple store respectively. Perhaps they feel that trying to organise a coup via social media is just a tad extreme.

Who‘s the Marxist ?

Unelected social media and msm owners deciding who should be heard or silenced.
Ok when your side are on top but leads to dictatorship, censorship and a police state. Maybe you are ok with paying that price.

The left want to punish Trump and will be reluctant to let him escape. This can only be harmful to a country that Biden states 'needs to unite and heal'

Unelected social media and msm owners deciding who should be heard or silenced.
Ok when your side are on top but leads to dictatorship, censorship and a police state. Maybe you are ok with paying that price.
I am sure he is not the only person blocked by Twitter, for all sorts of reasons. All of which contravene their rules. He signed the T&Cs, so he should have been more aware of what he could and couldn't post. It's a bit rich from him complaining about free speech restrictions when he has spent 4 years refusing to answer legitimate questions by American citizens by accusing them of being "fake news".

The left want to punish Trump and will be reluctant to let him escape. This can only be harmful to a country that Biden states 'needs to unite and heal'
I think he needs to worry more about the woman that accused him of rape. Her case is still pending and once he is out if office she will legally be allowed to get his DNA. IIRC, if she gets that he will pretty much done for and who knows what Maxwell will reveal once he is not President. As I say though, he knows too much about some big VIPs.

This is a completely fair point to make and your eye witness experience is valuable.

Totalitarianism of all or any flavour is terrifying and when it threatens so-called free societies (i.e. liberal democracies, which are not completely free but are comparatively free) then often civil war and bloodshed will follow.

It sounds like we agree that there is a threat of civil war occurring in the US.

You think that there is a threat to US democracy from communism (an absurd notion, imo) whereas I think the threat to US democracy is a combination of right wing populism, and the narcissistic and meglomaniac President.

Even though we disagree on the causes of the threat, I trust that we are both sincerely hoping that things don't escalate into civil war and mass bloodshed.

spot on Bud. So many ironies here though.
Among the many trump supporting factions are people closer to anarchists and libertarians than fascists or marxists. Many see this as question of freedom and self government against the powers of the state.
On the dems side, many want censorship and are willing to do anything to keep state and corporate interests alive. The dems billionaire backers made sure that the progressive Sanders could not win the candidate selection instead of biden (commie sanders had dared to bring in medicare (nhs) for all).

maybe those with their eyes open could join together from both sides to make a better future.

I think he needs to worry more about the woman that accused him of rape. Her case is still pending and once he is out if office she will legally be allowed to get his DNA. IIRC, if she gets that he will pretty much done for and who knows what Maxwell will reveal once he is not President. As I say though, he knows too much about some big VIPs.

did you worry about the corruption of the clinton foundation or the illegal destruction of legal files or maybe the cover up of corruption of Biden and his son in Ukrane. Maybe the killing of civilians by us drones or the destabilisation of syria and libya. Or maybe the support of that lover of human rights and womens rights - saudi.

just because you hate someone or their party does not mean we cannot seek the truth. Both sides are against the citizens.

Among the many trump supporting factions are people closer to anarchists and libertarians than fascists or marxists. Many see this as question of freedom and self government against the powers of the state.
On the dems side, many want censorship and are willing to do anything to keep state and corporate interests alive. The dems billionaire backers made sure that the progressive Sanders could not win the candidate selection instead of biden (commie sanders had dared to bring in medicare (nhs) for all).

maybe those with their eyes open could join together from both sides to make a better future.

As we've witnessed on this forum , there are people on here who also want censorship.
They are happy with the totalitarianism, that they claim the right-wing espouse.

Last edited:
Jogills, my point was in retort to Chris`s comment : ".As Biden said had it been Black Americans walking in to the house they would have been faced with a far greater force and I am totally sure none would have gained entry not even armed with machine guns".

The comment by Mr Biden, and echoed by many news media prior to the report of the killed officer, was effectively implying that police officers would have tried harder to prevent black people from entering the Capitol. As ridiculous as that is, that`s how police would read his comment - and that`s how some of the LE people I am acquainted with in the US inferred Mr B`s words. Well, I don`t know what additional effort and extra commitment Officer Brian Sicknick, RIP, could have made. My point was not about Trump - he`s a twat. Because of the behaviour of a minority of bad cops, LE in the US is under far greater siege than we saw at the Capitol Building !

It`s interesting to read comments from all and sundry about how armed police failed to stop the mob. All i`d say, bearing in mind that no two situations are ever the same, unless the officers (who are overwhelmingly ordinary people) feel it is right to literally start shooting everyone (which they wouldn`t - ask Nobby) , it`s very very difficult to stand there outnumbered and effectively stop an advancing crowd - especially when the zone is spread and non-uniform. I`ve been in that sort of situation (and injured) and when people are in sufficient numbers and determined to break through, they often will do just that (ask Buddha ). In the UK we might not be the same as the U.S. (where i`ve also worked with metropolitan LE) but there are lots of similarities.

Police here police by consent - policing is going through a big change. Frankly, I don`t know why anyone would want to join the Service these days (of course, I respect those that do) as the public don`t seem to be decided on what sort of police service they want. I`m afraid to say that the direction we are headed is the French style of policing where public order and similar matters are the primary domain of separate heavily armed riot forces . Once we get there, there will be no turning back.

Sorry for the novel, I feel strongly about this.

Understand your strong feelings Lancs and bang on about police being ordinary people with ordinary fears. We'd need a calm discussion before deciding on what the public actually want from policing and that seems a way off. I hope we find a way.

Yes, I agree with you mostly. There are certainly anarcho-capitalists and libertarians (though crucially not libertarian communists) among the Trump supporting factions. They're not anarchists though. They may oppose what they regard as a corrupt state, but they are not against all states. They want an authoritarian and racist dynastical state with Trump at the head of it and his son wainting in the wings to take over when his father dies.

You're completely right though about both sides refusing to acknowledge their own bullshit lies.

How many people have their eyes fully open? Even those who have can often easily be hoodwinked, such is the climate for misinformation and propaganda.

Kevin Greeson appears to have died from a heart attack. Possibly after tasering himself but probably not the testicles bit!
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/capitol-rioter-tasered-his-testicles-to-death-rumor

Not sure about this either. Is it genuine? This is all part of the problem.
It's getting very difficult. Everybody needs to be alert to it and employ critical thinking whenever they read or hear something. More so than ever.
In recent weeks, Greeson posted dozens of times on the social media site Parler, which has gained popularity with conservatives in particular since it launched in 2018.

.......He (Greeson) expressed strong opinions on Parler, such as calling for violence in the street in support of President Donald Trump, hailing the Proud Boys alt-right group and discussing his personal cache of guns and ammunition.
https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/alabama-man-1-of-4-people-who-died-during-washington-dc-chaos.html

did you worry about the corruption of the clinton foundation or the illegal destruction of legal files or maybe the cover up of corruption of Biden and his son in Ukrane. Maybe the killing of civilians by us drones or the destabilisation of syria and libya. Or maybe the support of that lover of human rights and womens rights - saudi.

just because you hate someone or their party does not mean we cannot seek the truth. Both sides are against the citizens.
Read my words again. I didn't say I was worried

It wasn't that the brave police officers would have tried harder it is that the army would have been deployed well in advance had anyone else had a anti Trump demo.
Agree with you Chris. I didn't see it as a criticism of individual officrrs, far from it, but a policy decision higher up. That decision left the relatively small number of police far more exposed than they should have been.

I'd suggest if a massive show of force had been put on as per BLM protests, that poor officer may not have died and the invasion not occured.

Yes, I agree with you mostly. There are certainly anarcho-capitalists and libertarians (though crucially not libertarian communists) among the Trump supporting factions. They're not anarchists though. They may oppose what they regard as a corrupt state, but they are not against all states. They want an authoritarian and racist dynastical state with Trump at the head of it and his son wainting in the wings to take over when his father dies.

You're completely right though about both sides refusing to acknowledge their own bullshit lies.

How many people have their eyes fully open? Even those who have can often easily be hoodwinked, such is the climate for misinformation and propaganda.

The main point I was making (badly)
was that there are people of all political persuasions on both sides. What most of the trump voters and sanders supporters have in common is that they feel f over by the state and corporates but have no idea how to get out of it.

bit like Brexit?