US Politics Thread | Page 766 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I know I’m not the only one who lives in America but am I the only American on this thread?

Many of my ideals and beliefs were borne from spending my formative years in the US. Retain a vested interest in what is going on thru familial connections, and probably would still be there if my name hadn't been published in connection to rape.

Have zero interest to be insulted for my ideals and beliefs so have stopped posting here and other threads. Find it generally comes from those who don't agree with them.

Have zero interest to be insulted for my ideals and beliefs so have stopped posting here and other threads. Find it generally comes from those who don't agree with them.

Sorry to read that mate. I don't come in the thread much these days, it is the trouble with politics, some will debate, some will dictate and there are strong opinions.

I think (love or hate) Trump would always get people talking.

Said not long back, in here, it is amazing that is the best a country as big as USA can do. I would same similar about our shambolic lot though.

Probably is a tough read for Americans, hearing strong views from non Americans, but obviously USA has had a big impact in the world and there has always been a 'special relationship' (has there really!? :shrug:) between us.

Ahhhh that response seems tongue in cheek mate, with a dig that was unneeded. And it in no way addresses what I said really. Where did I say you paid no attention to US politics - you clearly do?

We can disagree, it's opinion and theories. I just don't see it given the available information dude. You can hold a different theory, isn't that why we talk and debate?

Trump is a criminal.

Biden might have fucked up.

Are you not going to nail the criminal based on unproven verbal claims from Republicans, when we have proof.

That's what I work on.

Even when I say that you are right, you disagree with me. I think you might have peaked. Lol

Many of my ideals and beliefs were borne from spending my formative years in the US. Retain a vested interest in what is going on thru familial connections, and probably would still be there if my name hadn't been published in connection to rape.

you have to have a bit of a thick skin, sometimes mate but at the end of the day, ,we all have oppinions and entitled to say what we believe, we all have one thing in common,,,(ASTON VILLA)...seanie

Probably is a tough read for Americans, hearing strong views from non Americans, but obviously USA has had a big impact in the world and there has always been a 'special relationship' (has there really!? :shrug:) between us.

Got stakes on both sides of the pond so enjoy reading the interest, don't like how both countries have gone that is for sure. It's also tougher knowing when I left both the UK and the US neither societies were so divided. Intolerance is growing it seems to me.

Yeah it's always been a funny relationship between the US and UK, right back to when they threw the tea in the harbor. Don't think the UK got the best from it nor made the best of it.

Even when I say that you are right, you disagree with me. I think you might have peaked. Lol

Until I see those words in print, I'll never accept it lol

Cue - I just typed it PMSL

Love ya really mate.

Frightens me though that Trump made $4m on the back of his mugshot, we all agree the US needs better (and needs change), but when you have idiots like that, what hope is there?

Until I see those words in print, I'll never accept it lol

Cue - I just typed it PMSL

Love ya really mate.

Frightens me though that Trump made $4m on the back of his mugshot, we all agree the US needs better (and needs change), but when you have idiots like that, what hope is there?

For your next trick, you should write a post where you disagree with yourself.

For your next trick, you should write a post where you disagree with yourself.

Haven't I already done that mate? It seems familiar lol It might have been a few years ago, but I think I talked myself round????

Got to admit (very off topic) I'd love you at my funeral claiming I'm not dead. Everyone else is confused, but I'd be giggling in the coffin because you finally had the last word. And then my missus would have to explain we always disagreed, but strangely liked each other.

JF would shout from the back 'thank fuck, no more lengthy emails'.

And members of my family would just call me Nadine Dorries.

I know where I am in life. And I'm happy.

Sorry to read that mate. I don't come in the thread much these days, it is the trouble with politics, some will debate, some will dictate and there are strong opinions.

I think (love or hate) Trump would always get people talking.

Said not long back, in here, it is amazing that is the best a country as big as USA can do. I would same similar about our shambolic lot though.

I think it's the same across-the-board Fear. The problem IMO is that when someone says something about your country it's taken as a personal attack. Kind of like a United fan talking about Aston Villa. They don't live and breathe is so how would they know? Some will know, the vast majority wont have a notion just opinions.

Living here but not being from here does give that unique perspective but I still don't know all the ins and outs. I've cultivated strong opinions because of that and then I've doubled down because of the circle I am in.

America is just so interesting because its really just Europe 2.0. Its absolutely enormous, similar dimensions to Europe but still a little bigger. Far more diverse than Europe and as you've mentioned many times. Some of these states really are just glorified countries. And with all of these "countries" you've got groups of lunatics and because travel is so easy these fuckers spread out and infect other groups and you get pockets of mental bastards all over the country.

. Some of these states really are just glorified countries.

The nation is called The United States of America. It is a Union of States, America (north)* is the continent they are located on.

"It was undoubtedly the late 18th century that saw the emergence of the concept of nation, thanks to the 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States and the 1787 American Constitution, which begins with the words “We, the people of the United States”"

There are mechanisms in place to maintain checks and balances on Federal vs State control over the Nation. The Senate being the most obvious, without the majority of the States approval the Federal Government cannot act (ish).

If you ask me why you might think to call me crazy for voting Republican (if I had that right) it would be because I think the Dems and Senile Joe want to change this arrangement.

The States are indeed glorified "countries" by design, by coincidence the Flag of the Union is called Old Glory.

*Like in Palm Beach, no one puts North Palm Beach on their address.

The nation is called The United States of America. It is a Union of States, America (north)* is the continent they are located on.

"It was undoubtedly the late 18th century that saw the emergence of the concept of nation, thanks to the 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States and the 1787 American Constitution, which begins with the words “We, the people of the United States”"

There are mechanisms in place to maintain checks and balances on Federal vs State control over the Nation. The Senate being the most obvious, without the majority of the States approval the Federal Government cannot act (ish).

If you ask me why you might think to call me crazy for voting Republican (if I had that right) it would be because I think the Dems and Senile Joe want to change this arrangement.

The States are indeed glorified "countries" by design, by coincidence the Flag of the Union is called Old Glory.

im on the same boat with ya, and i wouldnt trust the lefties here, one inch, having once ventured in their ways, although all the politicians are corrupt, you see it with your eyes, and it will never end. seanie

Not to mention that they are trying to take your guns away.

I find the constitution pretty fascinating. The US is very young in comparison to other western countries and implemented the constitution probably in response to what they observed in Europe at the time.

In the UK we have no fundamental and inalienable protections with respect to freedom of expression and individual liberty. Which I see as increasingly dangerous given the levels of surveillance we are under and how policing is 'transforming' into the realms of 'non-crimes'.

I find the constitution pretty fascinating. The US is very young in comparison to other western countries and implemented the constitution probably in response to what they observed in Europe at the time.

In the UK we have no fundamental and inalienable protections with respect to freedom of expression and individual liberty. Which I see as increasingly dangerous given the levels of surveillance we are under and how policing is 'transforming' into the realms of 'non-crimes'.

From what I was taught in U.S. History class, it's not probable, it's definately. Though I am no constitutional historian or lawyer, but one thing for sure they didn't want a Tyrant ever again.

The Declaration of Independance was a direct reply to the UK and it's idea of Liberty, aimed at the King.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" (I assume a link isn't needed for this quote)

And the Bill of Rights* was to ensure it remained this way, it's what is owed by the Nation formed under the Constitution to the People of it.

Edit: *The UK would do well to have one for it's people. Though it would have to be implemented very carefully so to avoid bias.

"Most U.S. adults want to see gun laws made stricter and think gun violence is increasing nationwide, according to a new poll that finds broad public support for a variety of gun restrictions, including many that are supported by majorities of Republicans and gun owners." https://apnews.com/article/gun-violence-covid-health-chicago-c912ecc5619e925c5ea7447d36808715

1693314786499.png

There is a problem and something needs to be done. While there are some people who want to take the guns away it will never happen. Something needs to happen.

You might have inadvertently hit the nail on the head of why so many do vote Republican. Change, and the fear of what it brings, to a point you're probably right but this is also an age old thing on the Republican side.

Ironically the most authoritarian party stripping away the rights and freedoms of the people are Republicans. And the three most tyrant-like presidential candidates are all Republicans too.