US Politics Thread | Page 643 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

It's possible that the US Army deliberately botched the exit to make it look as bad as possible for Biden. They got a real bloody nose over there and won't be able to justify their outrageous budget without a war to fight.
Possible, but not likely. Not all military members are Republicans. Several military members hated Trump because of his draft dodging bone spurs.

Bliar's been wibbling today as well I see.
Over the past few years he generally looks tired, miserable and permanently agitated. He's a far cry from the friendlier, camera friendly persona he put forward as Labour leader and then PM.

I can only surmise that the realisation that he's a war criminal and the years of whoring himself out to Goldman Sachs et al have caught up with him. I think his recent criticism of the withdrawal is born out of a sort of vanity whereby he's doing everything he can to protect his 'legacy'.

Over the past few years he generally looks tired, miserable and permanently agitated. He's a far cry from the friendlier, camera friendly persona he put forward as Labour leader and then PM.

I can only surmise that the realisation that he's a war criminal and the years of whoring himself out to Goldman Sachs et al have caught up with him. I think his recent criticism of the withdrawal is born out of a sort of vanity whereby he's doing everything he can to protect his 'legacy'.

Odious little cretin.

Bliar, not you mate.

Possible, but not likely. Not all military members are Republicans. Several military members hated Trump because of his draft dodging bone spurs.
I read that Biden had five deferrals from military service during the Vietnam war. Something he had in common with Trump. These blokes are/were commanders in chief of the armed forces. Responsible enough to order Americans into harms way but not risk having to go themselves.

Why are Americans terrible at wars?

I’ve gone through this thought process recently, I just despise America forcing democracy on these countries and funding wars for shareholders. There was a story about western shareholders of an arms body or a company celebrating one of the wars at some annual conference one upon a time, not sure if it was factually true but sounds plausible.

On the flip side, if they pulled back tomorrow from global peacekeeping, would there be inter-continental wars across 2 or 3 continents in the aftermath? Sounds like one for Bodybutter to answer….

I don't think much would change. The biggest threat is Iran and Israel. Would Iran attack them if they thought thecUS was out of the game?

The US seems to make things worse whenever they get involved anyway.

I’ve gone through this thought process recently, I just despise America forcing democracy on these countries and funding wars for shareholders. There was a story about western shareholders of an arms body or a company celebrating one of the wars at some annual conference one upon a time, not sure if it was factually true but sounds plausible.

On the flip side, if they pulled back tomorrow from global peacekeeping, would there be inter-continental wars across 2 or 3 continents in the aftermath? Sounds like one for Bodybutter to answer….

I'm not sure about that. Places like Taiwan and Israel would be vulnerable. Maybe Pakistan and India would have another go at each other. Perhaps a lot of long simmering resentment would erupt into war?

The main thing would be the disruption to global shipping. America polices the world's seas and every trading nation in the world relies on the Americans to keep the sea safe. Without the American Navy overseeing global shipping, I think our current system would collapse and Asia would be screwed.