US Politics Thread | Page 484 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Biden made easier work of these debates than the primaries. In the primaries he was dreadful. Against Trump he was, well, less dreadful. All he had to do was show he could stand up straight and not have a meltdown and he delivered on that.

I've recently started reading Robert Putnam's book 'Bowling Alone'. Whilst a lot of the data is a bit out of date he demonstrated that voter participation has trended downwards over time as people have become significantly less politically engaged (among a whole host of things other than just voting).

It looks like Trump has become something of a mobilising force to counter that, for now at least. I guess what you're seeing is all of those who do support him turning out in full force and then those who oppose him, of which there's more of them than his supporters, also turning out in full force.

I suppose the difference here is that we don’t elect a prime minister, we elect a party to form the government the leader of that party becoming Prime Minister. Party leaders can be replaced between elections.

According to the official reports, 2.1 million Democrats have voted in-person or by mail in the Florida general election so far, compared to 1.6 million Republicans.

It's also looking good in other States. Arizona (16 percentage points), Michigan (24 points), North Carolina (14 points), Pennsylvania (46 points), and Wisconsin (22)

According to the official reports, 2.1 million Democrats have voted in-person or by mail in the Florida general election so far, compared to 1.6 million Republicans.

It's also looking good in other States. Arizona (16 percentage points), Michigan (24 points), North Carolina (14 points), Pennsylvania (46 points), and Wisconsin (22)

I will get up the morning after and check the news in, intrepidation

I am terrified of Trump winning. I believe he is a goner, but.... there is still a part of me that thinks "what if" Not that he will go quietly anyway

I believe the large turn outs are those who aren't risking there vote not being counted through postal.

However there is a part of me utterly scared of the shit show of the U.S and The U.K continuing.

If the U.S gets shut then maybe although we are stuck with Brexit for the time being, we might start seeing some sanity return to politics as there has been none since Cameron called the referendum

I think Trump is quietly bricking it. If he loses the establishment will go after him unless he's got more on some of them than they have on him. I can't wait to see his tax returns published.Got to be15 or so years in chokey on the strength of that.

I am terrified of Trump winning. I believe he is a goner, but.... there is still a part of me that thinks "what if" Not that he will go quietly anyway

I am too kefkat, his authoritarian leanings frighten me. I am afraid that racists will be more emboldened to do, say, and act however they want. I fear his policies with regard to the virus will run contrary to what scientists and doctors recommend.

When you see massive turnouts of Trump supports parading through Beverly Hills and these big rallies he is going to it makes me wonder about these polls. The biggest problem for a lot of us is the inability to get into the mindset of people who support him. I like to consider myself someone who can put themselves in other peoples shoes but my brain doesn't let me do that with anyone who would support Trump.

My rational brain says Biden-landslide but the emotion is fear of a Trump win. People voting for Trump are not rational, it is emotional. You couldn't sit there and look at everything he has said and done and think he is fit for office.

Joe Rogan retweeted a woman who said something to the effect "just because you think it is a no brainer doesnt mean you should judge people who are between a rock and a hard place". There is a logic fallacy IMO, why are you between a rock and hard place? Could it be because the fucking thing has been horribly mismanaged to begin with? Is the economy shutdown because you live in a democratic city or is it because the whole mess was terribly mismanaged? Are economies being kept open for political reasons or because this virus isn't real? I mean a handful of simple questions should bring you to a simple answer but some how different conclusions are drawn.

I think Trump is quietly bricking it. If he loses the establishment will go after him unless he's got more on some of them than they have on him. I can't wait to see his tax returns published.Got to be15 or so years in chokey on the strength of that.
He said in one interview if he loses he might leave the country.

I am too kefkat, his authoritarian leanings frighten me. I am afraid that racists will be more emboldened to do, say, and act however they want. I fear his policies with regard to the virus will run contrary to what scientists and doctors recommend.

When you see massive turnouts of Trump supports parading through Beverly Hills and these big rallies he is going to it makes me wonder about these polls. The biggest problem for a lot of us is the inability to get into the mindset of people who support him. I like to consider myself someone who can put themselves in other peoples shoes but my brain doesn't let me do that with anyone who would support Trump.

My rational brain says Biden-landslide but the emotion is fear of a Trump win. People voting for Trump are not rational, it is emotional. You couldn't sit there and look at everything he has said and done and think he is fit for office.

Joe Rogan retweeted a woman who said something to the effect "just because you think it is a no brainer doesnt mean you should judge people who are between a rock and a hard place". There is a logic fallacy IMO, why are you between a rock and hard place? Could it be because the fucking thing has been horribly mismanaged to begin with? Is the economy shutdown because you live in a democratic city or is it because the whole mess was terribly mismanaged? Are economies being kept open for political reasons or because this virus isn't real? I mean a handful of simple questions should bring you to a simple answer but some how different conclusions are drawn.

Thanks for sharing this CDX. I'm so glad it's not just me. I've a post to post in Brexit topic which is about Johnson waiting to find out who wins in Nov before he decides on a deal or no deal. The article reckons that's why he is messing around with the E.U.

It makes perfect sense. People who don't think the U.S affects what happens to the world are gravely mistaken

I get you CDX re trying to identify and look at what's going on for a person. I/we can't get in their minds and mentality either

How the Bible belt can support him again too (not all do and/or won't vote did him) is sheer hypocrisy! Then I wouldn't call most of them Christian in anything other than name only

Edit: I forgot you live in the U.S. The tensions and emotions must be terrible to bear there